Assistant Volleyball Coach - IWHS
University of the Incarnate Word is a Catholic institution that welcomes to its community persons of diverse backgrounds, in the belief that their respectful interaction advances the discovery of truth, mutual understanding, self-realization, and the common good.
Incarnate Word High School, an all girls Catholic college preparatory high school, seeks an experienced part-time Assistant Volleyball Coach. Teams participate in various local matches and are part of TAPPS 6A competition.
Job Duty Name
Description of Job Duties
1. Assist the head coach with instructing players in the rules, regulations, equipment and techniques of the sport;
2. Organize and directs individual and small group practice activities/exercises as directed by the head coach;
3. Assess players skills, monitors players during competition and practice, and keeps the head coach informed of the athletic performance of athletes;
4. Assist with determining game strategy;
5. Assist the head coach with supervising athletes during practices and competition;
6. Follow established procedures in the event of an athletes injury;
7. Model sports-like behavior and maintain appropriate conduct towards players, officials, and spectators;
8. Participate in special activities to include parents night, banquets, awards night and pep assemblies;
9. Works with the athletic director with eligibility, equipment inventory and other related paperwork;
10. Attends staff meetings, clinics, and other professional activities to improve coaching performance;
11. Performs any other related duties as assigned by the principal and athletic director.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
-Possess effective coaching techniques and skills;
-Thorough knowledge of the rules, regulations, strategies and techniques of the sport;
-Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with school administrators, parents and students;
-Ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures.
High School Diploma or its equivalent
Required Work Experience
Two (2) years of coaching experience
-Experience as a player of the sport;
-Three (3) or more years coaching as an assistant or head coach at the high school or college level
Required Certifications, Licenses or Registrations
-Possess a CDL or obtain CDL within 45 days of being hired;
-Insurable by UIWs insurance carrier
Posting Number: HS215PO
Job Type: Part Time
Job Category: High School Administrator (exempt)
Desired Start Date: 08/01/2019
Position End Date (if temporary):
Reports To: Athletic Director
Open Date: 06/11/2019
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicant
To apply, visit https://jobs.uiw.edu/postings/12737
UIW is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in employment, without regard to race, color, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sex, gender, age, or religion (except in limited circumstances when religious preference is both permitted by law and deemed appropriate as a matter of University policy).
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency