College Health Registered Nurse (Health Services) (Part-Time) - Norco College
Interested candidates must apply by the deadline listed below by 8:00 p.m., Pacific Standard Time.
Health Services (N)
Support Staff (Classified / Confidential)
Physical location of the position:
If Part-Time, indicate the number of hours per week 24 hrs
$33.16 - $44.57 per hour
Is this position categorically (grant) funded?
Responsible to the Director of Health Services for health care delivery to students and limited health care delivery to staff and faculty at Norco College. Works closely with Health Services Supervisor and/or other staff to promote and educate healthy behaviors in order to support student success.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Associates Degree in Nursing from an accredited college or university and three years of RN experience required. Bachelor of Science in Nursing desired. Public Health experience preferred. American Sign Language and/or fluency in second language also desired.
- Principles and practices of nursing care;
- Current nursing and community health principles;
- Communicable disease epidemiology, prevention and control;
- Crisis intervention, drug and alcohol addiction/use, eating disorders;
- Family Planning options and management;
- Occupational health and worker's compensation;
- Health and safety regulations; and
- Technical aspects of field of specialty.
- Assess physical and mental status of patients;
- Perform phlebotomy for ordered laboratory;
- Make decisions regarding appropriate care for patient and need for contacting physician;
- Provide appropriate emergency response and crisis intervention;
- Understand technical and medical terminology;
- Communicate effectively, individually and in groups, with a diverse population in meeting health related needs about a variety of health related topics;
- Use effective oral and written communication skills;
- Use effective interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy;
- Make appropriate referrals and facilitate access to both private providers and community health resources;
- Work cooperatively with students, staff and faculty from diverse backgrounds;
- Operate a computer and assigned software;
- Maintain records and prepare reports;
- Read, interpret, apply and explain rules, regulations, policies and procedures;
- Analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action; and
- Understand and work within scope of authority.
- Current California Registered Nursing License required;
- Current California Driver's License required;
- Current CPR for Health Care Providers required;
- Public Health Nurse Certificate desired; and
- Documentation of the following: Immunity to Hepatitis B, MMR and Varicella or immunization series documentation; TB clearance; Tetanus/Pertussis/Diphtheria vaccine documented within 10 years required.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY:
Candidate must demonstrate clear evidence of sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, staff, and the community.
Co-workers, community health agencies, private physician's offices, hospitals, clinics, Risk Manager, police and patients.
Hearing and speaking to exchange information in person and on the telephone; Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard and various medical equipment; Seeing to assess injuries; Reaching overhead, above the shoulders and horizontally; Pushing or pulling wheelchairs; Bending at the waist, kneeling or crouching during medical or emergency situations; and must be able to lift, carry, push and pull materials weighing up to 40 pounds. Will require occasional travel.
Employee works in an office environment with constant interruptions, call-outs, moderate noise levels, controlled temperature conditions; and direct exposure to hazardous category one in blood borne exposure; potential exposure to blood or body fluids, infectious diseases, puncture wounds and workplace violence; use of gloves, gowns, masks, goggles as dictated by protocols are required as standard precautions. Employee may interact with upset staff and/or public and private representatives in interpreting and enforcing departmental policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Respond to call-outs on campus; differentiate between medical non-emergency and emergency cases; administer first aid to the injured and ill on campus; assist in contacting emergency medical transport; and assist medical personnel with emergency care and equipment; activate the Emergency Medical System as necessary.
2. Receive students on a drop-in basis or students who have appointments; prepare paperwork and pre-exam procedures; process insurance paperwork; answer billing inquiries. Act as an advocate in resolving problems. Provide crisis intervention for students and staff.
3. Insure work flow of office activities to include scheduling of patients, exam room assignments, and act as a resource for ancillary nursing staff and medical assistants.
4. Dispense medications, administer immunizations and TB tests as appropriate, according to the clinic protocols.
5. Document physical findings, nursing assessment, lab results, and interventions; discuss cases with physician and other health professionals as needed to prepare comprehensive patient care plan.
6. Knowledge of community health referral resources
7. Act as a resource person regarding matters related to campus health and safety.
8. Provide classroom presentations and assist with outreach events.
9. Attend Health Services staff meetings.
10. Assist with collection and preparation of laboratory specimens as well as assuring onsite lab equipment meets certification standards.
11. Perform vision screenings and hearing tests using an audiometer.
12. Participate in District-provided in-service training programs and collaborate with other departments on campus to promote healthy behaviors.
13. Provide health education to students, assist with on-campus or off-campus referrals.
14. Perform other duties, related to the position, as assigned.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
SALARY: Salary grades consist of nine steps. A new employee is normally placed on Step 1 of the grade. Changes in step placement take place on the first day of the first month following the anniversary date of attaining permanent classified employee status until the maximum of the grade is reached.
HOLIDAYS: There are 13 holidays observed each year. A pro-rata reduction will be made for employees working less than full-time and less than twelve months.
VACATION: Employees are granted 12 days of vacation per year through the first five years of service to the District; 15 days after completion of five continuous years of service to the District; 20 days after completion of ten continuous years of service to the District; and 22 days after completion of 15 continuous years of service to the District. This computation is based on full-time, twelve-month employment. A pro-rata reduction will be made for employees working less than full-time and less than twelve months.
SICK LEAVE: One day of sick leave for each month of service is granted. This is based on full-time, twelve-month employment. A pro-rata reduction will be made for employees working less than full-time and less than twelve
months. There is no limit to the number of days of sick leave which may be accrued.
FRINGE BENEFITS: The District provides a health and welfare benefit package for employees and legal qualifying dependents. Those employees working less than full-time and less than twelve months will receive a pro-rata share of the benefit package. The dollar value of the package is a subject of negotiation between the District and the Bargaining Unit.
The work location and assignment within a job classification is determined by the District and may be subject to change.
All offers of employment will be contingent upon the availability of funds and approval by the Board of Trustees.
The Riverside Community College District is an equal opportunity employer and recognizes the need to provide reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities. For more information, contact (951) 222-8039.
The Riverside Community College District complies with all federal and state rules and regulations and does not discriminate on the basis of ethnic group identification, national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, color, ancestry, genetic information, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any characteristic listed or defined in Section 11135 of the Government Code or any characteristic that is contained in the prohibition of hate crimes set forth in subdivision (1) of Section 422.6 of the California Penal Code, or any other status protected by law. This holds true for all District employment opportunities. Inquiries regarding compliance and/or grievance procedures may be directed to the District's Title IX Officer/Section 504/ADA Coordinator. Harassment of any employee/student with regard to ethnic group identification, national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, color, ancestry, genetic information, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any characteristic listed or defined in Section 11135 of the Government Code or any characteristic that is contained in the prohibition of hate crimes set forth in subdivision (1) of Section 422.6 of the California Penal Code, or any other status protected by law, is strictly prohibited. The Title IX Officer, Section 504/ADA Coordinator for the District is Ms. Lorraine Jones, 3801 Market St., Riverside, CA 92501. Telephone Number is: (951) 222-8039.
Work Hours/Work Days for Classified and Hourly Positions Only:
Monday: 8:00am - 4:30pm
Tuesday: 8:00am - 4:30pm
Wednesday: 8:00am - 4:30pm
Required Applicant Documents:
Resume or Curriculum Vitae
Associate degree in Nursing or higher
Optional Applicant Documents:
Letter of Recommendation 1
Letter of Recommendation 2
Letter of Recommendation 3
Effective Employment Date:
December 13, 2017
*It is anticipated that interviews will occur sometime during the 2nd or 3rd week of November.
Please note: The selection process typically concludes within four to six weeks from the closing date. There are, however, exceptions to this general guideline. Status updates will be made throughout the process. Please refer to your account for any updates to the status of your application.
*It is anticipated that interviews will be held sometime during the 2nd week of September, 2017.
*Please note: The selection process typically concludes within four to six weeks from the closing date. There are, however, exceptions to this general guideline. Status updates will be made throughout the process. Please refer to your account for any updates to the status of your application.
* Only electronic, on-line applications are accepted. All supporting materials, required or optional, must also be in electronic formats and attached to the electronic, on-line application when applying. Supporting materials are only accepted as Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) or Microsoft Word files and must be less than 2 MB in size.
* An application will not be considered complete unless all Required Documents are electronically attached to the application by the Application Deadline date. An incomplete file may subject the candidate to disqualification.
* Paper applications and supporting materials WILL NOT be accepted!
* Letters of reference must be non-confidential and submitted electronically when applying on-line.
* Interested candidates must apply by the deadline listed above by 8:00 p.m., Pacific Standard Time.
* The Riverside Community College District does not require testing at the initial application filing period. As you progress through the selection process, you may be required to perform a job-related test based on the needs of the work area for which you are being considered.
* The District will make reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicant should contact Diversity and Human Resources at (951) 222-8595 for assistance.
Application Types Accepted:
To Apply, visit: https://pa379.peopleadmin.com/applicants/Central?quickFind=57571
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency