Director, College Advancement
West Valley-Mission Community College District
Closing Date: 10/30/2018
Mission College, located in the heart of Silicon Valley, is seeking an energetic leader who thrives in a fast-paced and innovative environment to fill the position of Director of Advancement. Recognized as both a Hispanic Serving Institution and an Asian American Native American Pacific Islander Serving Institution, Mission College is known for the strength of our academic programs and faculty as well as our equity-minded and student-focused approach that combines high-tech and high-touch.
With this new administrative position, the college seeks to advance strategic community and business relations that will result in stronger student experiences. The College Office of Advancement will play a vital role in growing resourcesboth fiscal and experientialfor our faculty and students. The Director will work collaboratively with college leadership, faculty, and external partners to develop innovative programs, expand alumni involvement, and reach the vast potential of opportunities in this dynamic region.
Reporting directly to the President, the Director will be a member of the President's Cabinet and will be provided institutional support and resources necessary to achieve identified goals.
Applicants who possess the knowledge, skills, and life experiences to address the cultural and educational needs of a culturally diverse student population are encouraged to apply.
100% of full time, 40 hours per week, 12 months per year, with anticipated start date of November 2018. Schedule may change to include some evening or weekend hours, as needed. This position is a Classified Administrator and part of the Administrative employee unit.
Work Location: Mission College, Santa Clara, CA.
Salary and Benefits:
Anticipated Hiring Range:
- $122,141 $130,085 annually (Administrative Salary Schedule, Range 20, Steps A-C).
- Additional compensation: $1,500 for doctorate added to base salary annually, to be prorated on a monthly basis.
- Employer-contributed medical, dental and vision for employee, spouse, and/or dependents.
- Employer-paid long term disability for employee.
- Voluntary life insurance.
- 13 paid holidays, plus 1 floating holiday annually; paid non-workdays between Christmas and New Year.
- 22 days vacation leave accrued annually (25 days after 5 years).
- 12 days sick leave accrued annually.
- Personal necessity leave and personal business leave.
- Professional development and renewal leave.
- $500 longevity award annually after 10 years of service and $1,000 longevity award annually after 15 years of service.
- CalPERS retirement.
Any combination of experience and education that would provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required knowledge and abilities would be:
1. Understanding of, and sensitivity to the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff.
Equivalent to a Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in public administration or a related field.
Five years of increasingly responsible experience in fundraising in the educational or non-profit sector, including two years of administrative and management responsibility.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develop, plan, and implement department goals, objectives, policies and procedures.
- Plan, organize and direct advancement activities including major gifts, capital campaigns, foundation and corporate solicitation, alumni outreach, special events, and planned giving.
- Direct, oversee, and participate in the development of the department work plan; assign work activities, projects, and programs; monitor workflow; review and evaluate work products, methods and procedures.
- Recommend the appointment of staff; provide or coordinate staff training; conduct performance evaluations; implement discipline procedures as required; maintain discipline and high standards necessary for the efficient and professional operation of the department.
- Work with deans, the President, the Chancellor, and the advancement foundation board to identify and develop relationships with external individuals and organizations that may provide private funds, in-kind support and/or related partnerships with the colleges.
- Collaborate and cooperate with the advancement and executive staff on the other campus.
- Prepare and disseminate information and promotional material to district and college staff to acquaint them with potential funding and local philanthropy trends; provide individual and small group assistance to faculty and staff in the development of strategy, proposals and applications for private funding.
- Represent the department and division to outside groups and organizations; participate in outside community and professional groups and committees; provide technical assistance as necessary.
- Prepare the department budget; assist in budget implementation; participate in the forecast of additional funds needed for staffing, equipment, materials and supplies; administer the approved budget.
- Research and prepare technical and administrative reports and studies; prepare written correspondence as necessary.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, district employees, and the public using principles of good customer service.
- Foster an environment that embraces diversity, integrity, trust, and respect.
- Be an integral team player, which involves flexibility, cooperation, and communication.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
For more information on this position and to apply, please visit our website at the following link: wvm.peopleadmin.com
Applicants who, due to a disability, require accommodations to complete the application, testing or interview process, please contact Human Resources at (408) 7412174 to arrange for assistance.
West Valley-Mission Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency