Library Assistant I, Substitute and Short-term Temporary Hourly Pool, as needed
Kern Community College District
Position Number: 02780
Posting Date: 04/10/2019
Initial Screening Date:
Open Until Filled: Yes
Position Type: Short-term Temporary Hourly
Rate: $13.00 per hour
Work Week: Flexible, as needed
This position is not eligible for benefits.
College/Site: Cerro Coso College
Location: CC-Main Campus, Ridgecrest
This is for an applicant pool that will be used to staff short-term temporary hourly positions during the 2018-2019 and 2019-2020 academic year. Basic Function:
Under the direction of an assigned supervisor, perform general clerical work in support of the various sections of the library; check materials in and out of the library; provide general and technical assistance to library patrons.Distinguishing Characteristics:
The Library Assistant I classification performs a wide variety of routine clerical assignments and provide general assistance to library patrons. The Library Assistant I typically performs a wide variety of moderately difficult to complex clerical duties in an assigned library function and train and provide work direction to staff during an assigned shift.
Education and Experience:
Any combination equivalent to: graduation from high school and one year of general clerical experience.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Telephone techniques and etiquette.
- Operation of standard office equipment including a computer and data entry techniques.
- Basic record-keeping techniques.
- Correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
- Basic Math.
- Perform a variety of routine clerical duties.
- Answer phones and greet the public courteously.
- Make routine math calculations.
- Operate a computer terminal and enter data.
- Maintain routine records.
- Complete work with many interruptions.
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Learn basic library methods, procedures and terminology.
- Learn to operate a variety of equipment including an intercom system, library security system and a microfilm reader.
- Learn library classification system.
- Learn the location of materials in the library.
- Work cooperatively with others.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Indoor and outdoor work environment. Regular exposure to fumes, dust and odors.Physical demands
- Incorporated within one or more of the previously mentioned essential functions of this job description are essential physical requirements.Hazards
- Exposure to cleaning agents and chemicals. Working on ladders.
Salary Grade: 31.5
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Complete application packets will be accepted until the position is filled. The College reserves the right to extend time limits or reinitiate the recruitment/selection process at any point.
Completed application packet must include:
- Completed Online Application for Employment form
- Current resume
- Cover Letter
- List of six (6) professional references Listed on application form
Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection process should contact Human Resources to make the necessary arrangements.
All applicants must apply online at https://careers.kccd.edu/postings/11508. Emails will not be accepted.
As an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, the Kern Community College District encourages candidates with diverse backgrounds to apply.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency