Program Coordinator, Student Services
Closing Date/Time: Sun. 04/28/19 4:59 PM Pacific Time
Salary: $33,132.00 - $42,900.00 Annually
Job Type: Less Than Full-Time
Location: Seattle Central College: 1701 Broadway, Seattle, Washington
The program coordinator provides administrative/secretarial support to the vice president of Student Services and the executive assistant/student conduct officer/Title IX Coordinator.
For optimal consideration, submit items #1 through 3 with your application packet. Applicants who do not complete and submit all required materials may not be considered for this position.
A complete application packet includes the following:
- A completed official Seattle Colleges application form.
- A current resume including the names, addresses and telephone numbers of three professional references.
- Letter of application describing background and experience relevant to the position and addressing the qualifications, skills and abilities and/or preferred qualifications
Seattle Colleges are committed to recruiting dedicated faculty and staff who together create a welcoming academic climate that reflects the diverse backgrounds of our community, including ethnicity, national origin, religion, race, gender, gender identity, age, status as a veteran or disabled veteran, disability, political status, and sexual orientation.
This position is governed by a collective bargaining agreement with representation by WFSE and is subject to union shop provisions.
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the position.
- Maintains the VP's and the EA/SCO/TIX Coordinator's calendars;
- Prepares and maintains records of student conduct, disciplinary sanctions, Title IX;
- Prepares travel, purchasing, payroll, and other documents; arranges for transportation and accommodations;
- Updates student data in the Student Management System;
- Prepares meeting's agenda; notifies attendees; attends meetings, and prepares minutes;
- Drafts and types letters, memos, narrative and statistical reports; assembles and summarizes information and data for use by the EA/SCO/TIX Coordinator and the VP;
- Screens and responds to inquiries, questions, and correspondence on departmental matters via telephone, in person, and emails;
- Reviews and researches operating procedures and develops recommendations;
- Keeps the EA/SCO/TIX Coordinator informed of significant and important items requiring her review or action; obtains information from staff members, relays assignments, calls attention to deadlines, and obtains progress reports;
- Updates and maintains departmental literature and website;
- Coordinates the VP's & the EA/SCO/TIX Coordinator's work with internal departments and external agencies;
- Reads and distributes incoming mail; retains important correspondence for own or the EA/SCO/TIX Coordinator's attention and routes others to appropriate employees;
- Proofreads outgoing mail, literature, and correspondence for form, content, and agreement with policies;
- Sets up and maintains files of correspondence and records;
- Refers students to appropriate campus reesources/offices;
- Serves as a resource for students with various college processes relating to enrollment;
- Performs other duties as required.
Required Education, Experience & Abilities:
High school graduation or equivalent AND two years of experience in the department specialty OR equivalent education/experience. Under general direction, completes assignments using knowledge and experience specific to the department/unit. Exercises independent judgment in interpreting and applying rules and regulations. Independently assists students, staff, & the public by providing program information, activities, policies & procedures; recommends appropriate courses of action. Competency in MS office skills including Word, PowerPoint, Publisher, Excel, and the SMS system.
To apply, visit https://agency.governmentjobs.com/sccd/default.cfm?action=viewJob&jobID=2316180
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency