This ad is expired.
Student Financial Services Outreach Specialist (Student Financial Services) - Riverside City College
Interested candidates must apply by the deadline listed below by 8:00 p.m., Pacific Standard Time.
Student Financial Svcs (R)
Support Staff (Classified / Confidential)
Physical location of the position:
$4,156 - $5,586
Is this position categorically (grant) funded?
If categorically (grant) funded, date funded through:
06/30/2018 with the possibility of extension pending funding.
Under the supervision of the area Dean, performs duties related to the outreach and workshops of students applying for financial assistance. Understand Title IV, State, and Institutional programs and regulations. Assist in the development, coordination, and implementation of financial outreach programs. Serve as a liaison between the college and the community to provide up-to-date financial aid information.
An associate degree from an accredited institution required.
Three years directly related experience working with at-risk students, student support services, and students in the public and private high school systems is required. Outreach recruitment experience is desired.
Policies and procedures in higher education. State and Federal laws regulating the distribution of State and Federal grant funds. Proficient familiarity of the FASFA application and associated process. College application process and its effects on financial aid. Microsoft Suite to produce material and presentations.
Understand, interpret, and apply college policies, rules, and regulations; use a computer; communicate effectively in a helpful manner; establish and maintain effective relationships with the staff in student services departments throughout the District; understand the needs of a diverse socio-ethnic college community and make appropriate referrals for students.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY:
Candidate must demonstrate clear evidence of sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, staff, and the community.
Co-workers, outside agencies, high schools, other departmental staff, RCC facilities, Student
Activities, students, parents, and scholarship donors.
Requires the ability to exert some physical effort, such as walking, standing, and light lifting; dexterity in the use of fingers, limbs, and body in the operation of office equipment. Tasks require extended periods of time of sitting and standing, setting up, maintaining large amounts of inventory.
Normal office environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Develops and implements outreach efforts to assist students with completing application for state, institutional and federal assistance; assists students with Financial Aid applications.
2. Conducts workshops to assist with the completion of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid
3. Develops financial aid workshops at area high schools by recruiting and retaining hard-to-serve and potential at-risk financial aid students
4. Works with the offices of Admissions and Records, Outreach ? Transfer Center, Counseling, and college partners to ensure successful completion of the FAFSA
5. Monitors the budget expenditure of State grants throughout the district to promote Financial Aid through
6. Develop and maintain student databases for recruitment purposes and providing mandated grant expenditure reports to the State.
7. Coordinate and direct staff and other resources during district and/or college events on or off campus for Outreach and Inreach including Statewide Financial Aid events, Day of the Tiger/Lion/Mustang, High School Parent Nights, College and Career Fairs, and other community events.
8. Participate in other campus activities to promote financial aid.
9. Design and develop a variety of marketing tools that are used district wide, as well as utilizing State resources such as websites, to promote and educate the public about financial aid.
10. Assists in the development and distribution of materials related to special recruitment events, community activities, publications, fliers, web sites, and other marketing materials
11. Processes alpha case load of student financial files to determine eligibility for federal, state, and institutional aid.
12. Reviews submitted documents; accesses computer programs; prepares documents for review by the analyst.
13. Prepares e-mails for District-wide use to announce availability of outside scholarships
14. Assists students at the counter and over the phone with questions and intake of financial aid paperwork and other student services offices using Datatel and the Department of Education website.
15. Participates in District-provided in-service training programs.
16. Maintains a friendly, supportive atmosphere for students, staff, faculty, and the public.
17. Performs other duties, related to the position, as assigned.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
SALARY: Salary grades consist of nine steps. A new employee is normally placed on Step 1 of the grade. Changes in step placement take place on the first day of the first month following the anniversary date of attaining permanent classified employee status until the maximum of the grade is reached.
HOLIDAYS: There are 13 holidays observed each year. A pro-rata reduction will be made for employees working less than full-time and less than twelve months.
VACATION: Employees are granted 12 days of vacation per year through the first five years of service to the District; 15 days after completion of five continuous years of service to the District; 20 days after completion of ten continuous years of service to the District; and 22 days after completion of 15 continuous years of service to the District. This computation is based on full-time, twelve-month employment. A pro-rata reduction will be made for employees working less than full-time and less than twelve months.
SICK LEAVE: One day of sick leave for each month of service is granted. This is based on full-time, twelve-month employment. A pro-rata reduction will be made for employees working less than full-time and less than twelve months. There is no limit to the number of days of sick leave which may be accrued.
FRINGE BENEFITS: The District provides a health and welfare benefit package for employees and legal qualifying dependents. Those employees working less than full-time and less than twelve months will receive a pro-rata share of the benefit package. The dollar value of the package is a subject of negotiation between the District and the Bargaining Unit.
The work location and assignment within a job classification is determined by the District and may be subject to change.
All offers of employment will be contingent upon the availability of funds and approval by the Board of Trustees.
The Riverside Community College District complies with all federal and state rules and regulations and does not discriminate on the basis of ethnic group identification, national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, color, ancestry, genetic information, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any characteristic listed or defined in Section 11135 of the Government Code or any characteristic that is contained in the prohibition of hate crimes set forth in subdivision (1) of Section 422.6 of the California Penal Code, or any other status protected by law. This holds true for all District employment opportunities. Inquiries regarding compliance and/or grievance procedures may be directed to the District's Title IX Officer/Section 504/ADA Coordinator. Harassment of any employee/student with regard to ethnic group identification, national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, color, ancestry, genetic information, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any characteristic listed or defined in Section 11135 of the Government Code or any characteristic that is contained in the prohibition of hate crimes set forth in subdivision (1) of Section 422.6 of the California Penal Code, or any other status protected by law, is strictly prohibited. The Title IX Officer, Section 504/ADA Coordinator for the District is Ms. Lorraine Jones, 3801 Market Street, Riverside, CA 92501. Telephone Number is: (951) 222-8039.
Work Hours/Work Days for Classified and Hourly Positions Only: Monday/Thursday/Friday: 8:30am - 5:00pm
Tuesday/Wednesday: 9:30am - 6:00pm
Evenings and weekends required
Required Applicant Documents:
Resume or Curriculum Vitae
Optional Applicant Documents:
Letter of Recommendation 1
Letter of Recommendation 2
Letter of Recommendation 3
Effective Employment Date:
Anticipated Start Date: January 2, 2018
*It is anticipated that interviews will occur sometime during the 2nd or 3rd week of December.
Please note: The selection process typically concludes within four to six weeks from the closing date. There are, however, exceptions to this general guideline. Status updates will be made throughout the process. Please refer to your account for any updates to the status of your application.
* Only electronic, on-line applications are accepted. All supporting materials, required or optional, must also be in electronic formats and attached to the electronic, on-line application when applying. Supporting materials are only accepted as Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) or Microsoft Word files and must be less than 2 MB in size.
* An application will not be considered complete unless all Required Documents are electronically attached to the application by the Application Deadline date. An incomplete file may subject the candidate to disqualification.
* Paper applications and supporting materials WILL NOT be accepted!
* Letters of reference must be non-confidential and submitted electronically when applying on-line.
* Interested candidates must apply by the deadline listed above by 8:00 p.m., Pacific Standard Time.
* The Riverside Community College District does not require testing at the initial application filing period. As you progress through the selection process, you may be required to perform a job-related test based on the needs of the work area for which you are being considered.
* The District will make reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicant should contact Diversity and Human Resources at (951) 222-8595 for assistance.
Application Types Accepted:
To Apply, visit: https://pa379.peopleadmin.com/applicants/Central?quickFind=57552
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency