Student Resource Specialist (Prog. Spec...
Closing Date/Time: Wed. 12/19/18 4:59 PM Pacific Time
Salary: $36,528.00 - $47,532.00 Annually
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Seattle Central College: 1701 Broadway, Seattle, Washington
Seattle Central College is recruiting for a full time Student Resource Specialist.
The position will be responsible for the management of programs and services offered through the Office of Student Support Programs, which provides student connections to on campus and off campus resources and assistance.
The Specialist will oversee the food pantry and connect students with additional ways to address food insecurity. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to; supervising multiple work studies and assisting the Director with obtaining resources.
Seattle Colleges are committed to recruiting dedicated faculty and staff who together create a welcoming academic climate that reflects the diverse backgrounds of our community, including ethnicity, national origin, religion, race, gender, gender identity, age, status as a veteran or disabled veteran, disability, political status, and sexual orientation.
This position is governed by a collective bargaining agreement with representation by WFSE and is subject to union shop provisions.
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the position.
- Supervise the food pantry and connect students to resources that assist in addressing food insecurity.
- Connect with community partners to bring resources to campus
- Supervise data collection and conduct program evaluation and reporting
- Incorporate assessment results into planning and decisions that drive continuous service improvement.
- Collaborate across campus to ensure student knowledge of resources.
- Conduct workshops and demos related to food insecurity and resources
- Oversee multiple work studies
- Assist director in managing student support programs.
Required Education, Experience & Abilities:
- Bachelor's Degree, OR any combination of relevant education, training and experience that indicates successful performance of the essential functions of the position
- Experience with outreach, marketing, and/or participant recruitment
- Experience with successful cross agency collaboration
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Outlook, and Word programs.
- Time management, able to manage multiple projects, and coordinate work outcomes/activities with multiple partners
- Demonstrated multicultural skills and knowledge of Social justice, Racial Equity and Gender Equity Framework
- Demonstrated commitment to fostering an equitable and inclusive environment for all students/clients and ability to work effectively with diverse populations
To apply, visit https://agency.governmentjobs.com/sccd/default.cfm?action=viewJob&jobID=2286145
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency