Full-Time V.N. Instructor
Posting Number: 0000909
PS Position#: 00000915
Position Status: Full-Time
Salary: Salary is based on the Lee College Faculty Salary Scale - 9 Month. Initial salary is commensurate with education and related work experience.
Job Summary/Basic Function:
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Participate in the development, implementation, and evaluation of the program of learning.
- Participate in development of semester schedule.
- Assist the Team Leader in the development of the course calendar.
- Participate in the development of policies and standards, which affect students and faculty.
- Plan and provide learning experiences for students based on program objectives/outcomes.
- Create a wholesome, meaningful environment for learning in the classroom and laboratory.
- Utilize innovative teaching strategies to meet the learning needs of a diverse student population: which may include, but are not limited to, interactive video technology, online format, and other uses of technology in the classroom and lab setting.
- Provide students with direction for utilizing all available educational resources (e.g., library, computer/skills lab, personnel, clinical).
- Make recommendations and participate in decision making when determining clinical agencies for student placement.
- Attend and participate in Team Meeting of course(s) one is teaching, as well as Team Meetings of related courses as necessary.
- Attend ADN/VN faculty meetings.
- Assist with developing tests questions, blueprints, and analysis of items in compliance with the Test policy.
- Participate in the selection of textbooks, instructional aids, and other educational equipment/resources.
- Participate in the selection and orientation of the freshman class.
- Collaborate with Team Leader of course to determine best methods of meeting course objectives.
- Contact clinical facility assigned and plan rotation schedule for one's clinical group.
- Provide direct supervision of students practicing in the clinical area, including patient selection, observation of students delivering patient care, evaluating the performance of students' nursing skills, and conducting/scheduling post conferences.
- Ensure students are competent in nursing skills and procedures before implementing them in hands-on patient care.
- Grade written work required of students and relay grades to Team Leader in a timely fashion.
- Keep accurate record of students' attendance, progress, and performance.
- Evaluate students' performance in the clinical area on the C.E.T. forms and at midterm and end of semester on summative C.E.T.
- Participate in academic advisement and counseling of students within area of responsibility.
- Serve on one (1) College committee and one (1) division committee, and/or as a faculty sponsor for a student organization.
- Serve as a mentor to a new faculty as needed.
- Begin classes and labs on time and promptly notify the appropriate instructional administrator in the event of an unscheduled absence.
- Encourage students to engage in self-evaluation in regard to behavior and academic/clinical performance.
- Report student problems to the appropriate instructional administrator as deemed necessary.
- Faculty members may be required to teach evening, summer, online, hybrid, dual enrollment, and weekend classes.
- Attend and participate in all faculty, committee, and program/College meetings.
- Assist with student registration as assigned.
- Engage in evaluation programs in an effort to assess teaching skills/strategies and to improve effectiveness.
- Maintain professional competence and participate in professional development activities.
- Maintain a professional working relationship with students, fellow faculty members, administration, staff, and clinical personnel.
- Perform other functions consistent with an instructor's professional responsibilities when requested by the appropriate administrator.
- Assist in the recruitment of students when appropriate.
- Serve as a good public relations agent, both in the classroom and the community.
- Create and evaluate yearly self-goals.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.
- Associates (or higher) degree in Nursing
- Three (3) years of related, non-teaching work experience as a Registered Nurse
- Must hold a current license or privilege to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Texas
- Bachelors (or higher) degree in Nursing
Campus/Location: Main Campus - Baytown, TX
If other, provide location:
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter, teaching philosophy, and copies of transcripts for all completed college work. (Official transcripts required upon employment.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.
To apply, visit https://jobs.lee.edu/postings/5794
Lee College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, which encourages applications from qualified females, minority groups, veterans, and disabled individuals. It is the policy of Lee College to fully comply with the equal opportunity provisions of all applicable regulations and not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status in areas such as recruitment, selections, training, promotion, demotion, layoffs, terminations, rates of pay, or any other forms of compensation or benefits.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency