- Maintains a caseload of students, which includes performing needs analysis according to FM, completing verification, requesting additional documentation for conflicting information, determining academic progress and other responsibilities related to the financial aid process.
- Reviews Satisfactory Academic Progress appeals and academic plans to determine student aid eligibility.
- Counsels/advises students and parents relating to financial aid application procedures, available resources, eligibility guidelines, regulations, loans, and special circumstances
- Participates in the awarding, disbursement, and reconciliation of all Title IV and state programs.
- Acts as a liaison to and supports operation of BHCC Student Central one stop office
- Review cases of special conditions to determine whether these cases warrant the application of professional judgment.
- Interacts with various agencies/individuals to coordinate student benefits and financial aid
- Conducts workshops regarding the financial aid application process and procedures for new and renewal applicants.
- Assists in the continued development of the financial aid computer system and integration of all college, federal, and state systems.
- Serves on various department, division, and college committees
- Additional duties as assigned
- Master's degree in Education, Business Administration, Accounting, Human Services, or closely related field; with two (2) years' experience and/or training involving financial aid operations, or loan processing; or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Knowledge of federal and state student aid policies, procedures, and eligibility requirements
- Knowledge of federal and state aid management systems
- Proven ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and student population.
- Ellucian Colleague experience
Salary Range: $54,956.00-$60,000.00. Actual Salary Will Be Commensurate With Education & Experience in Accordance with MCCC/MTA Collective Bargaining Agreement. Full state Benefits.
Grade 5, Unit-Professional position
Review Date: August 15, 2022
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/aQEg5QUbrDKp4FM6OuddR2
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency