Administrative/Exempt - Dean of Access and Advising
Shoreline Community College
Salary: $112,561.00 Annually
Job Number: 00768
Location: 16101 Greenwood Ave N Shoreline WA 98133, WA
Department: Students, Equity & Success
First date of consideration is May 20, 2022.
Shoreline Community College is dedicated to inclusive excellence in teaching and learning, student success, and community engagement. Shoreline serves the educational, workforce, and cultural needs of our diverse students and communities through the core themes of educational attainment and student success, program excellence, community engagement, access and diversity, and College stewardship. Shoreline Community College is a place of open inquiry and learning, with a campus that models ideals set out in our Community Standard.* We are committed to upholding a culture of free expression, as well as maintaining a supportive and respectful learning and working environment for all. This position serves as a key dean role to support all outreach, entry, and student enrollment programs and services within the Students, Equity, and Success Division. Initiatives in the department aligned closely with Guided Pathways (GP) and other grant (Strengthening Institutions) initiatives that emphasize an alignment of systems, elimination of redundancies in processes for students, and focus on maximizing enrollment quarter to quarter. This department also ensures direct support and liaison relationships to each respective academic unit. Finally, the department emphasizes a developmental and proactive philosophy of support whereby students are expected to become integrated into the onboarding and enrollment process to be successful as a college student. Shoreline seeks a candidate that can identify and mitigate the barriers to success that many students face and be passionate about creating an equitable learning environment that supports success for all students. As such, the candidate's responses to the supplemental questions below will be the first criteria of consideration.
Reporting to the Associate Vice President for Student Services and International Education, this position provides leadership, vision, operational oversight, and management (via direct reports or directly) of Academic Advising, Enrollment Services, Financial Aid, Outreach & Recruitment, Running Start, and High School Completion programs. In collaboration with the dean of student support services, serves as a leader within the division of Students, Equity, and Success. This position also requires working closely with other leaders on large-scale visioning and strategy, as well as the implementation of initiatives that seek to enhance the student experience at Shoreline. Finally, this position serves as a pillar lead for Campus Solutions (part of the ctcLink system).
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Proactively reduces barriers to college access, persistence, and completion by employing an equity frame dedicated to inclusive excellence and closing opportunity gaps.
- Works closely with academic deans, department heads, and faculty to ensure that students are receiving services and support that meet their needs
- Supports faculty and staff in mediating enrollment, financial aid, and academic issues.
- Supervises a minimum of five administrators and classified staff members and indirectly supervises multiple faculty advisors, classified staff, administrators, and student/hourly employees.
- Under the direction of the Vice President for Students Equity and Success and Associate Vice President for Student Services and International Education, this position plays a key leadership role in Strategic Enrollment Management efforts and leads the SEM workgroup.
- Performs a variety of administrative duties, including: prioritizes and allocates resources; reviews and evaluates programs in accordance with the College's strategic plan and accreditation standards; prepares and administers budgets, including determination of staffing and operational requirements; and approves and monitors expenditures.
- Participates in key campus-wide initiatives such as Guided Pathways.
- Serves on designated leadership teams and college governance groups to ensure that departmental needs and concerns are represented.
- Other duties as assigned of a similar level/nature
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Master's degree in Counseling, Social Work, Education, Student Services, College Student Personnel, or related field
- Experience in student onboarding and academic advising
- Experience with higher education policies and regulations and coordinating operational activities related to the student enrollment lifecycle.
- Student development theory, theories of learning integral to persistence, learning outcomes assessment, staff training/development, student onboarding, and advisement
- Microsoft Office applications like Excel, Outlook, and Word programs, as well as electronic student information systems like Peoplesoft, Starfish, or similar applications
- Techniques for effective presentations and communication in a multicultural environment
- Providing leadership, training/motivating staff and colleagues.
- Effectively supervising and evaluating staff.
- Fostering a climate of equity and belonging through multicultural awareness and responsiveness
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships at all organizational levels
- Time management, multitasking, and coordinating work outcomes/activities with multiple partners
- Interpreting applicable laws, regulations, and policies
- Preparing clear and concise written materials
- Effectively communicating (orally and listening) with individuals at all levels inside and/or outside of the College
- Handling difficult or sensitive situations using sound independent judgment within legal guidelines
Conditions of Employment
PHYSICAL WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The College is currently providing services in a mixed modality of operations (both online and in-person services are offered). Administrators are assigned to work on campus, noting there may be some opportunities to work remotely based on program or area needs. If authorized for limited remote work, employees will need to provide their own workspace and internet access, noting the College will provide technical equipment and support for online work needs. When working on-campus, this position will perform work in a standard office setting, use standard office equipment and physically attend meetings both on and off campus, using the ability to communicate in person or through appropriate means. This position also works work weekends and evenings when appropriate or needed is required.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT/SALARY:
This is a full-time administrative/exempt annually contracted position with initial salary placement determined by the College dependent upon education/experience. Hiring of this position is contingent upon available funding as determined by the College President.
Persons with disabilities have the right to reasonable accommodation in all aspects of employment with the College. This includes, but is not limited to recruitment, application, hiring, training, termination, conditions of employment, and any other employer-supported activities. Applicants requesting accommodation should contact the Office of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In accordance with RCW 28B.112.080, applicants considered for this position will be required to disclose if they are the subject of any substantiated findings or current investigations related to sexual misconduct at their current or past places of employment.
In compliance with the Immigration and Nationality Act, proof of authorization to work in the United States will be required at the time of hire. In addition, employment for this position requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination status or documentation of eligibility for a religious or medical exemption. Other conditions that may apply will be detailed upon the offer of employment. This position is overtime exempt.
To be considered for this position, please submit the following:
- NEOGOV online application/profile
- Letter of interest addressing each qualification
- Current resume
- Supplemental Question
- Unofficial Transcripts documenting highest degree (official required upon hire)
Applicants considered for positions at the College may be required to submit to a background check as a condition of employment. Adverse information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment, but will be considered in determining the applicant' suitability for the positions.
Please Note: Once application materials have been submitted, you may not modify the application.
*Community Standard Statement
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. We are caught in an inescapable network of mutuality, tied in a single garment of destiny. Whatever affects one directly, affects all indirectly ..."
-- Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
Shoreline Community College is a place for students, employees, and the community to pursue excellence in education in an environment dedicated to equity, inclusiveness, and self-reflection. We value respectful, dynamic interactions and lively discussion. We strive to create an environment where everyone is supported and valued. Shoreline Community College does not tolerate hateful, violent, or discriminatory actions that target any person or group based on their beliefs, customs, identity, or affiliations. When one of us is diminished, all of us are diminished.
To apply, please visit https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/shorelinecc/jobs/3520248/administrative-exempt-dean-of-access-and-advising
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency