California State University, San Bernardino
Employment Status: Full-time, Probationary "Non-Exempt" position (with the possibility of converting to permanent).
Work Schedule: To be determined.
First Review Deadline: This position will remain open until filled. Applications will be reviewed beginning December 17, 2019.
Current employees will be given preferred consideration.
Under the general supervision of the Assistant Dean and reporting to the Dean of the College of Education, the Administrative Support Assistant II (ASA II) will provide administrative support to credential programs by assisting with placing students at school sites for their fieldwork observation and supervision program requirements.
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- The incumbent will send out student teaching and/or observation placement requests to district personnel for Multiple Subjects, Single Subjects and Special Education Programs each quarter.
- The incumbent will continue with follow-up contact with the appropriate districts to obtain confirmation of candidate placements. This process will continue until all placements have been confirmed.
- The incumbent will update placement information as districts confirm placements. The incumbent will drop students from placement files when needed.
- The incumbent will notify the appropriate program coordinator when a student drops student teaching and/or observation.
- The incumbent will document candidate's status in the appropriate electronic data bases and maintain files.
- The incumbent will process student teaching and/or observation applications as they are submitted each quarter. This process includes verifying Program and Supervision conditions have been met (i.e., grades via PeopleSoft, exams, etc.).
- The incumbent will update electronic databases, create candidates (or add to) conditional admit file.
- The incumbent will review candidate's program plan and notify the appropriate program coordinator when conditions are not met. Prior to Census each quarter, the incumbent will verify enrollment and update the appropriate (i.e., PeopleSoft) database and placement files.
- The incumbent will reconcile enrollments and notify the appropriate department chair or program coordinator, supervisor and district of drops.
- The incumbent will process the district stipends for those districts with student teachers each quarter. Processing district stipends includes providing districts with detail sheets, requesting district invoices, reviewing district stipend invoices, and assuring stipends are processed through CSUSB Accounts Payable. The incumbent will follow-up with districts until invoices are provided and confirmed.
- The incumbent will assist with the preparation and set up of the Multiple Subjects, Single Subject and Special Education Student Teaching and/or Observation Orientations and other related meetings each quarter.
- The incumbent will serve as clerical support for the appropriate Program Coordinator or Department Chair on matters concerning fieldwork and the related fieldwork orientations including organizing meetings, creating packets for teacher candidates, supervisors and resident teachers and reserving rooms so these meetings can be held.
- The incumbent will do other duties as assigned by the Assistant Dean or appropriate supervisor to help in the day to day operations of the Jim and Judy Watson Student Services Office.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent AND two (2) years of experience in general office administrative/clerical work.
- Experience working with databases.
- Some college experience preferred.
- Experience working in a university setting.
- Thorough knowledge of correct English grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Thorough knowledge of office procedures as well as highly effective interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work with a diverse group of people.
- The ability to interact tactfully, diplomatically, and positively with faculty, staff, students, administrators, and members of the outside community along with the ability to be a team player.
- The ability to work harmoniously with college and department staff and to foster a positive office atmosphere and work environment is required.
- The ability to learn, interpret, apply and clearly explain a variety of complex policies and procedures along with the ability to coordinate many different clerical tasks, determine priorities, set deadlines and compete projects in a timely manner.
- The ability to take initiative, to be flexible and work well with frequent interruptions.
- Typing skill is required and applicants must have a working knowledge of databases, in particular the Microsoft office suite of software programs and check work for errors.
- The ability to handle effectively a broader range of interpersonal contacts, including those at a higher level and those of sensitive nature is required along with the ability to work cooperatively with a diverse group of people.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
The person holding this position is considered a `mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
California State University, San Bernardino is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, or protected veteran status.
This position may be "Designated" under California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. This would require the filing of a Statement of Economic Interest on an annual basis and the completion of training within 6 months of assuming office and every 2 years thereafter. Visit the Human Resources Conflict of Interest webpage link for additional information: http://hrd.csusb.edu/conflictInterest.html
This position adheres to CSU policies against Sex Discrimination, Sexual Harassment, and Sexual Violence, including Domestic Violence, Dating Violence, and Stalking. This requires completion of Sexual Violence Prevention Training within 6 months of assuming employment and on a two-year basis thereafter. (Executive Order 1096)
To view full description and to apply, visit: https://www.csusb.edu
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency