Location: Boston, MA Category: Administrators Posted On: Wed Sep 21 2022 Job Description:
The Assistant Dean for Workforce and Economic Development/Director of Adult Education is responsible for general operations oversight, supervising and developing training programs to serve business and industry. The position reports directly to the Dean of Workforce and Economic Development. The position is responsible for supervising professional support and clerical staff as well as project supervision in assigned areas. Direct assigned workforce development programs and services; formulate strategic goals, determine program objectives, and establish standards of performance.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Provide Leadership to ensure teaching excellence and student success in workforce and economic development programs offered within a culturally diverse environment
- Provide executive, administrative, and analytical support to the Dean; provide advice and input on strategic planning, priority setting, and resource allocation.
- Assist the Dean in developing new training programs and certificates that are equity based to support business and industry while fostering program development of noncredit to credit training models and career pathways
- Provide culturally sensitive leadership in promoting, evaluating, and growing assigned training Programs including grant funded programs.
- Foster effective communication between faculty , staff, and administrators within the division, as well as with other areas of the College especially AR, Enrollment, and departments with workforce priorities
- Participate in business and industry events as assigned and cultivate productive working relationships with business partners
- Assess the need for emerging technologies aligned with area workforce development programs
- Supervise federal, state job training and job placement grants and oversee adherence to grant compliance with grant regulations.
- Co-Develop proposals and participate in the writing, researching, editing and submission of grant applications
- Produce, analyze and oversee reporting and data requirements for funders and to support divisions functions
- Supervise and evaluate department staff. Oversee hiring, orientation, onboarding and professional development for new hires and existing staff and providing access to necessary materials, resources, systems and trainings. Serve as delegate for approval of time and time off requests for staff
- Responsible for the overall planning, programming and policy development for the use of divisional facilities, equipment, and spaces including oversight of room requests with AR etc.
- Manages the ETPL list and all government related funding portals
- Covers on site events or meetings in place of Dean when not available and serves as representative for the college when needed
- Master's Degree in Business Administration or Discipline Related to the Division of Workforce and Economic Development, MBA/Doctorate/JD Preferred
- Three to Five Years of experience developing , implementing, and assessing equity framed training programs for business and industry
- Experience working in within a Collective Bargaining Environment
- Min of 2 years supervising faculty, staff and administrators
- Experience teaching in a culturally diverse learning environment, Community College Preferred
- Experience with developing, implementing and reporting on federal, state, and regional grants
- Experience with developing and implementing learning technologies and online courses and programs.
- Knowledge of the workforce development system in Massachusetts and/ or Federal
- Knowledge of MA Community College systems
Salary Range: $90,000.00-110,000.00
Position remains open until filled but for best consideration apply before October 1, 2022, Position will start by Nov 1, 2022
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/W4VXlbF7oQbMBt8kYTppjO
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency