Assistant Director, Enrollment, Financial Assistance (23500156990811)
Tracking Code: 23500156990811
About the Role
The Office of Financial Assistance seeks an Assistant Director for Awarding. This position will help Boston University Financial Assistance achieve Boston University's goals for recruitment, retention, and superior service by assisting students and parents in financing their education through financial analysis, planning, and advisement. This Assistant Director reviews student financial assistance applications, reviews/evaluates appeals, and verifies financial information. This role administers financial aid awards and will ensure that awards follow state and federal regulations. The Assistant Director for Awarding will work evenings and weekends during high volume times of the year.
The Assistant Director for Awarding works closely with the Office of Admissions, Combined Enrollment Services, and Student Accounting Services to provide excellent customer service for students and their families. This role collaborates with state and federal agencies to ensure compliance.
The Assistant Director's primary duties include:
- Managing a caseload of undergraduate students;
- Evaluating, analyzing, and processing detailed confidential reports to determine student eligibility for financial assistance using both federal and institutional methodology;
- Counseling student and families to help them make informed enrollment decisions and plan for their time at BU;
- Ensuring that financial aid is packaged and disbursed and;
- Participating in internal committee meetings, such as Satisfactory Academic Progress Committee
About the Organization
Boston University Financial Assistance is part of the Enrollment & Student Administration unit (ENSA). BU Financial Assistance plays a critical role in ENSA's mission; enrolling and retaining students, securing external funding and generating tuition revenue through strategic discounting. BU Financial Assistance provides important services through timely and accurate review of financial aid applications, awarding of financial aid funds, processing of loans, and by providing counseling to students and parents on the financial aid process, programs and related issues.
Across the 10 departments of ENSA, we are dedicated to ensuring that our policies, practices, and services meet the needs of an increasingly diverse University community of students, families, faculty, staff, and alumni. We do so through a lens of respect, and a commitment to encouraging the personal success and productivity of all employees. To read more about Boston University and our commitment to diversity and inclusion, please visit https://www.bu.edu/diversity/about/diversity-statement/
A cover letter is required for consideration.
A Bachelor's degree is required for this position.
Ideally, we are seeking a candidate who:
- Has 3-5 years of experience;
- Demonstrates strong analytical skills;
- Is an effective problem solver;
- Displays excellent interpersonal and written/oral communication skills;
- Has the ability to manage multiple and competing deadlines;
- Work well independently and in a fast-paced and team-oriented environment and;
- Is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion;
- At least two years of previous experience in a similar role, working knowledge of federal and state financial aid policies, procedures, and regulations are preferred but not required;
- Experience using PeopleSoft Campus Solutions is a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military service, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, or because of marital, parental, or veteran status. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Job Location: BOSTON, Massachusetts, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Salary Grade: Grade 46
To apply, visit https://bu.silkroad.com/epostings/submit.cfm?fuseaction=app.jobinfo&jobid=312764&company_id=15509&version=1&source=ONLINE&jobOwner=1018173&aid=1
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency