The Department of Entertainment and Media Studies invites applications for faculty to engage in significant, original creative work in visual narrative entertainment and to teach courses in television and/or film production. Appointment will be at the Assistant Professor rank and on the tenure track. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. This position is eligible for reappointment.
Successful candidates will have a sufficient quantity and quality of original creative work to indicate an ability to meet the standards for future promotion and tenure at a major Research I institution. Information about faculty ranks and about the promotion-and-tenure process can be found at https://provost.uga.edu/_resources/documents/Grady_2020.pdf.
This position also includes a 2/2 teaching load, with responsibilities to teach production basics, plus any of the following courses: screenwriting, cinematography, producing, directing and/or production capstone. Service on department, college and university committees is also expected.
- MFA in film or television production, or a closely related field or a PhD in Mass Communications or closely related
- Candidates with an MA in a related field and at least five years of significant professional experience and accomplishments in film and/or television production, screenwriting, and producing for film and/or television will be considered. However, such candidates must be approved for a terminal-degree exception before hire.
- At least the beginnings of a significant body of creative work in visual- narrative entertainment that indicates the ability to meet standards for future promotion and
- Minimum one year of university-level teaching experience in visual- narrative entertainment production courses
- Minimum one year of university-level teaching experience in screenwriting
- Demonstrated familiarity with current visual-entertainment industry standards and best practices
- Demonstrated ability to work with students of all backgrounds and holding a range of worldviews
How to Apply
Interested applicants should apply at this link:
About the College, Department, and University
The Department of Entertainment and Media Studies (EMST) is home to a diverse faculty of media scholars of varied theoretical and methodological traditions. It administers the major in Entertainment & Media Studies, which focuses on entertainment media for the screen by providing students with professional courses in the theory and in the production of creative media within a media studies framework. EMST also houses the New Media Institute, which explores the critical, commercial, and creative dimensions of emerging digital technologies. Find out more at https://grady.uga.edu/academics/emst/ and http://mynmi.net/about/.
Augmenting the department undergraduate programs is the MFA in Film, Television and Digital Media (co-administered with the Department of Theater and Film Studies in the Franklin College of Arts & Sciences), which positions students for production careers in the entertainment media industry across film, television and other digital media. Find out more about the MFA FTVDM program at: http://mfaflm.uga.edu. In addition, department faculty contribute to the college's wide-ranging graduate program that offers M.A. and Ph.D. degrees.
UGA's College of Journalism and Mass Communication celebrated its 100th anniversary in 2015. EMST, along with the Department of Advertising and Public Relations, and the Department of Journalism constitute the primary administrative units of the college. Among the major industry programs housed here is the Peabody Awards. Now entering its 80th year, it is the oldest and most prestigious awards program that recognizes excellence in broadcast and electronic media. degrees.
The University of Georgia is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, age, sexual orientation or protected veteran status. UGA offers many benefits, including those offered to qualified employees through the Family & Medical Leave Act.
UGA is a Research I, land grant/sea institution located 65 miles northeast of Atlanta. More information about UGA is available at www.uga.edu. As the home of UGA, Athens is a vibrant, diverse community that is consistently rated as one of the nation's best college towns.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency