Date of Appointment: August 2021
Rank: Assistant Professor, Department of Music
- Minimum education required: Terminal degree by date of hire.
- Ability to perform at a high level on oboe, bassoon, or saxophone, and at a level of competence on the other two.
- Enough knowledge of English horn, contrabassoon, and the saxophone family to teach them at the college level.
- Ability to teach each instrument to undergraduate music majors and minors.
- Ability to make reeds and teach reed making for oboe and bassoon.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills that enable effective recruiting and retention and other department initiatives.
- Applied teaching experience at the university level.
- Ability to perform at a high level on oboe, bassoon, and saxophones.
Responsibilities: Teach applied oboe, bassoon, and saxophone to music majors and minors, chamber music, woodwind methods and/or other courses commensurate with department needs and the candidate's qualifications. Ongoing productivity as a performer, educator, and music scholar. Recruit outstanding students. Committee service, student advising, research/creative activity obligations consistent with all faculty appointments.
Application Deadline: Review of applications begins March 15, 2021. Open until filled.
To Apply: Must apply at murraystatejobs.com
- Letter of application detailing qualifications for the position and experience on all three instruments
- Current vita with references
- Copies of Transcripts
- Contact information for three references who will be contacted by email with instructions for uploading reference letters. At least one contact should have observed the candidate in an instructional setting.
- Links to recent performances or recordings (within the last two years) on oboe, bassoon and saxophone (video preferred, audio acceptable).
Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Murray State University is an equal education and employment opportunity M/F/D, AA employer.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency