Position Rank and Title: Assistant or Associate Professor
School/Department Name: School of Management
Compensation: Commensurate with qualifications, experience, and rank as established by the CSU Salary Schedule. See Benefits Summary for details about the CSU's excellent employment benefits.
Target Start Date:August 2022
Application Deadline: January 1, 2022(Applications accepted until filled or closed)
The School of Management at San José State University's Lucas College and Graduate School of Business seeks to fill an Assistant/Associate (tenure-track) position in Human Resource Management beginning August 2022. Applicants should be interested in teaching Workforce Planning, Staffing and Training; Fundamentals of Human Resource Management; Diversity Management; and other HRM courses at the undergraduate and graduate level. Research should ideally be in an area of HRM and/or diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI).
The School of Management in San José State University's Lucas College and Graduate School of Business offers an undergraduate concentration in Human Resource Management with specialized classes in compensation and reward systems, HR analytics, staffing, performance management, legal issues, diversity in organizations, and strategic HRM. The department also offers an undergraduate concentration in Management with specialized classes in applied organizational behavior, organization theory, and strategic management. For more information about the School of Management, please visit the department's website at https://www.sjsu.edu/mgmt/.
The School of Management and San José State University value diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging. Our excellence in research, teaching, and service can only be fully realized by faculty, students, and staff who share our commitment to these values. SJSU enrolls more than 36,000 students, many of whom are historically underserved, and around 45% are first-generation and 38% are Pell-recipients. SJSU is a Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI) and Asian American and Native American Pacific Islander (AANAPISI) Serving Institution. The university's commitment to social justice extends from its vibrant, inclusive campus to an international network of over 275,000 alumni. As such, San José State is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty so our disciplines, students, and the community can benefit from multiple ethnic and gender perspectives.
Successful candidates will demonstrate evidence of a commitment to equity and inclusion through their research, teaching, and/or service. We ask that all applicants include a Diversity Statement with their application package. A guide to writing this statement can be found at SJSU Diversity Statement Guidelines, along with information about how these statements will be evaluated.
- Evidence of teaching excellence or evidence of potential for teaching effectiveness in Human Resource Management, specifically in HR workforce planning, staffing, and training, Fundamentals of Human Resource Management, and Diversity Management ideally informed and enhanced by industry experience or knowledge.
- Demonstrated record of scholarly publications in HRM or related areas (e.g., OB, DEI) or potential for developing a strong record commensurate with rank.
- A doctorate from an accredited university and/or scholarly active (SA) status under AACSB standards.
- A doctoral degree must be awarded by the date of appointment.
- An interest in and commitment to engaging with Silicon Valley professionals and connecting our students to the business community.
- Experience or interest teaching first generation, economically diverse, and multicultural student body.
- Applicants should demonstrate an awareness of, and sensitivity to, the educational goals of a socially and economically diverse student population as might have been gained in cross-cultural study, training, teaching, and other comparable experience.
Priority will be given to candidates who possess one or more of the following:
- Research focus in DEI within an HRM framework
- Excellence in teaching in HR workforce planning, staffing, and training, Fundamentals of Human Resource Management, and Diversity Management will be expected. The successful candidate will demonstrate a strong research and teaching program engaging primarily undergraduate but also graduate students.
- The candidate will participate in shared governance in department, college, and university committees and other service assignments.
- The candidate must demonstrate awareness and experience understanding the needs of a student population of great diversity – in age, abilities, cultural background, ethnicity, religion, economic background, primary language, sexual orientation, gender identity, and academic preparation – through inclusive course materials, teaching strategies and advisement.
Click Apply Now to complete the SJSU Online Employment Application and attach the following documents:
- Letter of interest (please include reasons for your interest in us, the Silicon Valley region, or the Bay Area).
- Curriculum vitae.
- A statement of teaching interests and philosophy (please list the courses you have taught, and/or would like to teach).
- A diversity statement (see link to guidelines above)
- A statement of research agenda.
- One or two writing samples or references to publications available online.
- Teaching evaluations (if available).
- Three confidential letters of recommendation with contact information.
Inquiries may be directed to the Department Chair/Search Committee Chair: Nancy Da Silva,email@example.com.
Employment is contingent upon proof of eligibility to work in the United States. Proof of immunization against COVID-19 or proof of a medical or religious exemption and compliance with testing protocols is required for employment. Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for employment. SJSU will make a conditional offer of employment, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current employee who was conditionally offered the position.
San José State University: Silicon Valley's Public University
Located in the heart of Silicon Valley — one of the most innovative regions in the world —San José State Universityis the founding campus of the 23-campus California State University (CSU) system and the first public university in the West. The 2020 #1 Most Transformative University in the nation according to Money Magazine, San José State is an essential partner in the economic, cultural and social development of Silicon Valley, the Bay Area and California. SJSU is a top-200 school nationally in research funding and second highest in research productivity in the CSU system. This cutting-edge research, combined with its world-class scholarship, student-centered learning opportunities, and experiential and interdisciplinary programs, allows SJSU to provide transformative opportunities that advance the public good locally and globally.
Equal Employment Statement
San José State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability. This policy applies to all San José State University students, faculty, and staff as well as University programs and activities. Reasonable accommodations are made for applicants with disabilities who self-disclose. Note that all San José State University employees are considered mandated reporters under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and are required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency