This ad is expired.
Associate Director of Pre-Award Grants Administration
Founded in 1898, Northeastern is a global research university and the recognized leader in experience-driven lifelong learning. Our world-renowned experiential approach empowers our students, faculty, alumni, and partners to create impact far beyond the confines of discipline, degree, and campus.
Our locationsin Boston; Charlotte, North Carolina; London; Portland, Maine; San Francisco; Seattle; Silicon Valley; Toronto; Vancouver; and the Massachusetts communities of Burlington and Nahantare nodes in our growing global university system. Through this network, we expand opportunities for flexible, student-centered learning and collaborative, solutions-focused research.
Northeastern's comprehensive array of undergraduate and graduate programs in a variety of on-campus and online formatslead to degrees through the doctorate in nine colleges and schools. Among these, we offer more than 195 multi-discipline majors and degrees designed to prepare students for purposeful lives and careers.
About the Opportunity:
The College of Science (COS) seeks to hire an Associate Director responsible for leading the Pre-Award efforts within the Grants Administration team. The grants administration team operates within the Office of the Dean.
The Associate Director will focus on:
- Leading the team of Grants Administrators focused on pre-award administration with a three-part mission of acting as training resources for Primary Investigators (PIs), enabling their successful and timely submission of grants, and verifying their submissions are compliant with all government, sponsor, University, and College policies.
- As leader of the pre-award effort within the Grants Administration team, the Associate Director will be responsible for the workload management, professional development, and overall efficacy of the team.
In addition to their leadership role, the Associate Director will manage a portfolio of areas or Primary Investigators (PIs) within the College. As part of this, their duties in portfolio management will mirror those of a Grants Administrator:
- Partner with PIs, guiding them in the development of their proposals, informing them of necessary deadlines and COS/University requirements in submitting a proposal, and providing expert vetting of the draft submission.
- Coordinate work related to proposal submission with the PI, including timely requesting of cost shares.
- Reviewing all proposals for compliance with College and University guidelines and policies, flagging all issues and ensuring that the PI addresses known issues before any proposal is submitted.
- Coordinate prospect information and other opportunities to for possible funding and share those prospects with relevant College PIs.
- Remaining up-to-date on current best practices in grants administration and proposal generation, and work to share that information in useful ways to boost the College's research portfolio, including but not limited to meeting with PIs for general support and training, offering workshops, and disseminating useful informational updates.
A Bachelor's degree is required. Five or more years working in a higher education environment, business administration, or similar nonprofit work required. Solid understanding of federal grant regulations, Office of Management & Budget guidelines and sponsored program accounting procedures expected. Successful candidates will display a mastery of budget preparation, attention to detail, understanding of sponsored research, and appreciation for a higher education environment. Strong interpersonal skills and ability to manage multiple competing tasks necessary. Successful supervisory experience is required.
Master's degree is preferred.
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about Northeastern University's commitment and support of diversity and inclusion, please see www.northeastern.edu/diversity.
To apply, visit https://careers.pageuppeople.com/879/cw/en-us/job/504271
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency