This ad is expired.
Prairie View A&M University
Business Development Specialist
Business Development Specialist
Prairie View A&M University
Proposed Minimum Salary
Prairie View, Texas
The Business Development Specialist, under general supervision, combines compelling writing, strategic thinking, and project management skills to fulfill the objective of writing, editing, and producing content that showcases PVAMU's Research & Innovation capabilities, expertise and successes. The Business Development Specialist (BDS) assist with all aspects of copywriting related services for programs and activities in the areas of research based innovation, commercialization, and entrepreneurship. The BDS will report to the Executive Director for the Innovation Commercialization Entrepreneurship and Economic Development (ICEED) Center, and works closely with the Division of Research and Innovation administration. The BDS provides services that includes writing, editing, reviewing, proof-reading, and validating documents that are related to various aspects of business documents in the areas of research based innovation, commercialization and entrepreneurship, and other center related policies and procedures.
This position is funded by a grant or restricted funds. Continued employment is contingent on the renewal of grant or restricted funding.
- Provides copywriting related services for programs and activities in the areas of research based innovation, commercialization, and entrepreneurship, including clear and compelling writing, editing, reviewing, proof-reading, and validating documents that are related to various aspects of business documents in the areas of innovation (disclosures, market research), commercialization (partnership/teaming agreements, memorandum of understanding/MOU, NDAs, partnership documentation) and entrepreneurship (business plans, financial plans, market research and marketing plans etc.), and other center related policies and procedures.
- Writes concepts and proposals for new partnerships and contracts, develops and executes a strategy for discovering and securing new commercialization and entrepreneurship partnership opportunities. Other writing assignments may include white papers, management plans, technical content, past performance and corporate communications, executive summaries, and other documents for existing or new partnership pursuits.
- Creates strategies to gather and develop content, such as project plans, storyboards, and outlines, to include identification of information sources. Researches subjects and materials as needed to communicate accurately (e.g., to develop appropriate questions to conduct interviews). Synthesizes information received from written and verbal sources.
- Locates information sources and developing content for industrial, corporate and private communications. Contents development and finalization, knowledge management, and research and analysis. Write persuasively and articulately. Proof and edit the work of others, as well as your own. Produces clear, organized deliverables in accordance with requirements.
- Works collaboratively with others and also independently, coordinate projects, and maintain communication with stakeholders while working on multiple projects simultaneously. Work with multimedia specialist to develop illustrations needed to accompany narrative.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree
- Five years of related five years of related experience in specialty area.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet applications.
- Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Five years of related experience in in a university, industry, or government environment.
- Proficiency in variety of copywriting related services including clear and compelling writing, editing, reviewing, proof-reading, and validating documents
- In depth knowledge and proficiency in writing and editing innovation related documentation such as IP disclosures, market research, etc.
- In depth knowledge and proficiency in writing and editing commercialization related documentation such as partnership/teaming agreements, memorandum of understanding/MOU, NDAs, etc.
- In depth knowledge and proficiency in entrepreneurship related documentation such as business plans, financial plans, market research and marketing plans etc.
- Ability to develop documentation such as policies and procedures.
- Ability to works collaboratively with others and also independently, coordinate projects, and maintain communication with stakeholders while working on multiple projects simultaneously.
Job Closing Date:
Please attach all required documents listed below in the attachment box labeled as either Resume/CV or Resume/Cover Letter on the application. Multiple attachments may be included in the Resume/CV or Resume/Cover Letter attachment box. Any additional attachments provided outside of the required documents listed below are considered optional.
- Cover Letter
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
Application Submission Guidelines:
All applicants are required to apply via our Career Site on or before the closing date indicated on the job posting. Applicant inquiries received via email and websites such as Indeed, HigherEdJobs, etc. will not be considered unless the individual has applied to the available position via the PVAMU Career site.
The required documents listed in the above Required Attachments section must be attached to the application prior to the job closing date indicated to ensure full consideration for the application submitted. Please contact the Office of Human Resource on or before the closing date indicated above at 936-261-1730 or email@example.com should you need assistance with the online application process.
Background Check Requirements:
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/PVAMU_External/job/Prairie-View-PVAMU/Business-Development-Specialist_R-034260
For more than 140 years, Prairie View A&M University (PVAMU) has been igniting passion in its students. With an established reputation for producing engineers, nurses and educators, PVAMU offers baccalaureate degrees, masters degrees and doctoral degree programs through nine colleges and schools. The University has an enrollment of more than 8,500 students. Designated an institution of he first class in the Texas Constitution, PVAMU is the second-oldest public institution of higher education in the state and a member of The Texas A&M University System. The University is dedicated to fulfilling its land-grant mission of achieving excellence in teaching, research and service.
PVAMU is conveniently located near the rapidly growing residential and commercial area known as the Northwest Houston Corridor. The developing Northwest Houston Corridor offers newly developed suburban communities, a variety of shopping and dining near the Houston Premium Outlets and is a short, 35-minute commute into downtown Houston. For more information, visit www.pvamu.edu. Your career opportunities with a University of the first class begins here!
Prairie View A&M University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.
If you need assistance in applying for this job, please contact (936) 261-1730.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency