CAS Graduate Programs Recruiter and Admissions Counselor
Job Opening ID: 179393
Work Location: Flint Campus
Full Time/Part Time: Full-Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
Organizational Group: Flint Cas
Department: Flint CAS
Posting Begin/End Date: 1/10/2020 1/24/2020
Salary: $38,000.00 $46,000.00
Paid Time Off:
Career Interest: Academic & Student Services
How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The University of Michigan's Flint campus is seeking to hire a highly motivated and experienced employee for its College of Arts and Sciences (CAS) Graduate Programs.
The CAS Graduate Programs Recruiter and Admissions Advisor has primary responsibility for marketing CAS Graduate Programs through specialized outreach, strategic communication, and cultivating professional contacts. Responsibilities include developing and executing PR, marketing, communication, and recruitment strategies, as well as performing promotional campaigns. Other responsibilities include student support - such as advising students and potential students regarding all CAS Graduate Programs admissions procedures as well as specific program requirements, and supporting students throughout the admissions process. An overview of the primary job functions and duties is provided below. This list is not exhaustive and does not specify all individual tasks, projects or processes:
Marketing, Recruitment, and Admissions Advising
- Devise new CAS Graduate Programs outreach initiatives through developing and maintaining strategic community partnerships - duties include building and strengthening relationships with community partners, facilitating information sessions, and making presentations to increase CAS Graduate Programs marketability and visibility.
- Assist the CAS Communications Specialist in the implementation of annual promotion campaigns to advertise CAS graduate programs.
- Work with CAS Communications Specialist to implement marketing and promotion materials to support the campaigns.
- Analyze and assess the effectiveness of the recruiting campaigns.
- Represent CAS Graduate Programs at graduate program recruitment events, open houses, and career fairs.
- Participate in call campaigns during the academic year and summer.
- Organize and facilitate CAS graduate programs orientations, including live webinars - as requested by graduate Program Directors.
- Work with the Office of Graduate Admissions and other University departments, faculty, and students to obtain up-to-date, accurate data for admissions purposes.
- Advise prospective graduate students concerning basic information about CAS graduate programs and refer students to Program Directors when appropriate - duties include responding to inquiries, counseling of prospective students, and advising lifelong learning applicants.
- Develop and implement a communication plan for prospective graduate students from inquiry through enrollment.
- Assist students during the application and registration process including prescriptive advising, overrides, petitions, and grade change forms.
- Collaborate and consult with UM's Graduate Programs Office as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Process applications for student admissions, including preliminary analysis of all application folders as directed and follow up with inquiries as directed.
- Work with Program Directors/Chairs to process applicants, send admission letters to students, and maintain headcount of students accepted, enrolled, and graduating - as directed.
- Conduct graduation audits, process academic deficiencies and send correspondence to students.
- Maintain updated information for CAS Graduate Programs, including compliance with Rackham and all University graduation policies.
- Assist with accreditation processes and program reviews as directed by Program Directors and Dean.
- Send targeted emails as directed by Program Directors.
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant discipline
- 1-2 years of relevant administrative experience
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience with marketing and recruiting.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with faculty, staff, and students (current and prospective) in a positive, respectful manner; and be a team player.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise independent judgement and employ basic reasoning skills in responding to inquiries.
- Demonstrated strong communication skills; both oral and written.
- Demonstrated polished presentation and facilitation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain high level of confidentiality.
- Experience with various software programs and the willingness to learn new programs is required.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of social media platforms: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram.
- Availability for weekend and evening events, as well as the ability and willingness to travel as required
- Experience using direct email and web-based recruitment.
- More than 2 years of experience in marketing and recruiting.
- Academic advising experience.
- Experience with electronic recruitment initiatives.
- Master's Degree in Marketing, Communication, or related field.
- Experience in higher education setting.
- Experience in planning and administering events.
- Knowledge and understanding of Rackham programs policies and procedures.
- Experience using Banner, WebFocus, WebNow/ImageNow, Wolverine Access, Concur, Qualtrics
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended. Apply early for best consideration.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
To apply, visit https://careers.umich.edu/job_detail/179393/cas_graduate_programs_recruiter_and_admissions_counselor
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency