This ad is expired.
Call Center Rep - Dietetic Assistant (TEMP)
Job Opening ID: 175311
Work Location: Michigan Medicine - Health Sys
Full Time/Part Time: Part-Time
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Organizational Group: Um Hospital
Department: UMH Patient Food Svcs
Posting Begin/End Date: 11/28/2019 12/15/2019
Paid Time Off:
Career Interest: Administration
Temporary Job Opening
Patient Dietary / Nutrition Services
How to Apply
A cover letter is NOT required for consideration.
Call Center position, within the department of Patient Food and Nutrition Services, that is dedicated to supporting patients, departmental staff members and allied health professionals. This position is responsible for reinforcing a positive image of the Health System to all customers. They use information systems and customer service skills to facilitate customer interactions such that the customer experiences the Health System as an accessible, coordinated and seamless entity.
The mission of the University of Michigan is to serve the people of Michigan and the world through preeminence in creating, communicating, preserving and applying knowledge, art, and academic values, and in developing leaders and citizens who will challenge the present and enrich the future. The University of Michigan is committed to foster learning, creativity and productivity, and to support the vigorous exchange of ideas and information, not only in the classroom but in the workplace by:
- Creating a work environment in which people treat each other with respect and dignity, regardless of roles, responsibilities or differences.
- Providing support, direction and resources enabling us to accomplish the responsibilities of our jobs and to reach the goals that are set for professional and personal growth.
- Responds to a high volume of room service patient telephone requests; enters selections into CBORD software program
- Visit patients who may not be able to communicate via telephone as well as those whose diet order requires additional assistance. Obtain patient's meal selections for their prescribed diet order. Use a portable wireless computing device to enter selections into CBORD.
- Utilize CBORD and MiChart computer systems to verify diet order and allergy information
- Resolves routines questions and problems, and refers more complex issues to higher levels
- Enters outpatient billing information into computer software system
- Perform general office tasks such as preparing copies and printing reports
- Delivers menus and other food service related items to inpatient nursing units
High school graduate. 0-2 years telephone-based customer service experience. Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Must exhibit a professional and positive image when interacting with patients, departmental staff members and allied health professionals. Willingness to be a team member with the ability to be flexible and adapt to a changing work environment. Competent using technology such as hand held computers, word processing, data entry, spreadsheets, and email. Must be able to maintain confidentiality with respect to patient information. Ability to reach overhead, lift and carry 25 pounds and walk a considerable distance.
Associates degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in the healthcare industry or dietetics. Demonstrated ability of strong problem-solving skills. Experience working with MiChart/Epic and CBORD software. Ability to work in a self-directed manner.
This posting is for the day and evening shift openings. Staff working this position can expect to work on weekends and holidays.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
To apply, visit https://careers.umich.edu/job_detail/175311/call_center_rep_-_dietetic_assistant_temp
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency