The Clinical Director will provide oversight to the operation and management of the MMU Counseling Center. Current licensure as an LPC in Wisconsin or demonstrated eligibility for LPC in Wisconsin is required. Duties include clinical supervision for both master's and doctoral students, development of policies and procedures, and collaboration with other units on campus. This position is tenure-track and will serve as an active member of the core faculty by advising doctoral and master's-level students and serving on program, department, and university committees.
Review of applications will begin February 1, 2021. Position start date is August 16, 2021.
- Current licensure as an LPC in Wisconsin or demonstrated eligibility for LPC in Wisconsin (with ability to obtain a LPC within one year).
- Clinical supervision to doctoral and/or master's-level counseling students. Teach or co-teach graduate-level counseling courses.
- Provide leadership within a counseling clinic, including ability to collaborate with stakeholders within the university and local community.
- Development of policies and procedures, supervise graduate assistants assigned to the MMUCC, market the MMUCC, develop partnerships with stakeholders, and collaborate with faculty.
- Monitoring compliance to legal and ethical issues, and quality standards of trainees within the Clinic.
- Monitoring compliance to state clinic standards.
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to multicultural and social justice counseling competencies as evidenced in clinical work, supervision, and teaching.
- Collaborate (via the prescribed evaluation process) with the Practicum and Internship Coordinator to ensure that both master and doctoral level student interns reach developmentally appropriate clinical competency.
- Ability to work collegially in a collaborative team environment.
- Demonstrates a counselor-first professional identity as evidenced via credentials and engagement with professional counseling organizations.
- Actively engage as core faculty member by advising doctoral and master's-level students and serving on program, department, and university committees.
- Maintain requirements for serving as a core faculty member via sustained memberships in professional counseling organizations, professional development, and professional service and advocacy (e.g., engagement and presentations in local, state, or national organizations).
- Perform other duties, responsibilities, or special projects as assigned
Skills and Experience:
- Experience working in a University counseling center or with young adults.
- Experience as a Licensed Professional Counselor.
- University teaching experience, in particular counseling-related courses.
- Strong working knowledge and understanding of established professional codes of ethics and best practices for …
- Demonstrated commitment to promoting inclusiveness and cultural competence; experience working with underrepresented students and students from at-risk backgrounds
- Experience and understanding of current issues and developments in higher education
- Outstanding verbal, writing, and presentation skills; must be able to communicate and interact effectively with Mount Mary students, employees, and alumnae
- Exceptional ability to multitask and prioritize projects
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to work with diverse groups, facilitate group process and foster collaborative decision making
- Doctorate in Counselor Education from a CACREP accredited program.
- Experience in a University or College Counseling Center.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform primary functions.
- May be required to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Must reach, bend, stoop, lift
- Must sit, walk or stand
- Some repetitive motion may be required
- Varying workflow; sometimes stressful with high workload times of the year
- Complete work required within a limited space
- Complete work required within a limited time
To apply, visit: https://www.applicantpro.com/openings/mtmary/jobs/1595778/WI-Wisconsin/Milwaukee/Clinical-Director-Counseling-Center
Mount Mary University encourages applications from all qualified candidates and is vitally committed to all aspects of diversity, equity and inclusion. We welcome and encourage applications from qualified candidates and all will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, ethnicity, pregnancy, disability, genetic information or any other groups protected by law. Mount Mary seeks to hire and retain personnel who will make a positive contribution to its mission, vision and values.
For more information about diversity, equity and inclusion at Mount Mary please visit https://www.mtmary.edu/about/diversity
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency