This ad is expired.
Creative Media Specialist
University of San Francisco
USF Hilltop Campus
Creative Media Specialist
The Creative Media Specialist works under the direction of the Senior Associate Athletics Director for External Operations and reports directly to the Director of Creative Media Services. The Creative Media Specialist is responsible for leading the live stream production team and overseeing the production of the live stream events. As a member of the external relations team, this position will assist in marketing and promoting the athletic department through video technologies while increasing the exposure and brand awareness of the department.
The Creative Media Specialist is a member of the University of San Francisco Athletic Department and works cooperatively with student-athletes, staff, coaches and other campus offices, departments and staff who are involved in the marketing and communications, promotions and branding of the Athletic Department.
Full Job Description:
Job Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Creative Media Specialist splitting sport responsibilities as necessary.
- Oversee, direct and manage the live-stream sporting events production.
- Supervise the game day set up and breakdown of live stream productions.
- Manage interns and graduate students producing live stream events.
- Serve as a Video Producer who directs, films and edits USF Athletic features, promos and televised specials for Comcast Sports Net Bay Area.
- Oversee court-side LED signage and video boards during basketball/volleyball events.
- Assist in growth of athletics through video including shooting, editing and producing features
- Create content for LED Boards known as ribbon boards to play graphics, live video, and promotional videos produced to enhance the fan experience.
- Assist the Director of Creative Media Services in creating and producing video and graphics for in-game presentation and online content.
- Assist in adding and maintaining the music library for pregame, halftime and timeouts
- Collaborate with Production Manager and Director of Video to generate new video/media ideas.
- Direct, Produce, Write and Edit USF Features, Promos, Testimonials for USF Dons website and all Televised Specials, including Comcast Sports Net Bay Area
- Assist in the creation of production budgets.
- Conduct field shoots, produce interviews
- Produce on-line composites, audio sessions and graphic sessions
- Research and write scripts including short and long form copy
- Produce, create, film and edit 1 min video content for the multiple social media platforms.
- Cover sports as assigned through video including shooting, editing and producing features, commercials, recruiting videos and game day playback on video boards.
- Facilitate video requests from local and national media outlets.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with local, regional and national media covering USF Athletics.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor's degree with emphasis on journalism, public relations, communications or related field preferred.
- Willingness to work weekends and nights and travel when necessary.
- Ability to present a professional demeanor while delivering a high-level of customer service.
- Self-driven with a great attention to detail and ability to adhere to deadlines.
- Experience in working with editing programs (i.e. Adobe Premiere Pro or FCP)
- Experience in shooting video with DSLR and 4k HD Cameras
- Candidate must have the ability to recognize compelling stories, distribute, and present them in a creative manner, as well as execute production plans
- Preferred experience in a sports video department, collegiate sports information office or knowledge of NCAA rules and experience working in an atmosphere of NCAA compliance.
About USF Athletics
The University of San Francisco is committed to excellence in athletics as part of a larger commitment to educating students in the Jesuit Catholic tradition. USF Athletics is built upon Four Pillars of Success that aim to develop young men and women in this tradition: Excel in the Classroom; Win at the Highest Level of Competition; Engage in the Community; and Become Leaders in the World. USF Athletics strives to develop programs of national distinction while providing our student-athletes with a world-class educational experience at one of the nation's leading Jesuit institutions. Educational opportunities, programs that compete at the highest levels of competition and student-athletes who become leaders in their chosen professions and communities are the cornerstones of USF Athletics. A charter member of the West Coast Conference, USF sponsors 15 NCAA Division I programs comprised of over 250 student-athletes. USF teams have won 10 national championships and two individual titles.
To apply, visit https://usfca.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/USF_Staff/job/USF-Hilltop-Campus/Creative-Media-Specialist_R0003843.
The University of San Francisco is located in the heart of one of the worlds most innovative and diverse cities, and is home to a vibrant academic community of students and faculty who achieve excellence in their fields. Its diverse student body enjoys direct access to faculty, small classes and outstanding opportunities in the city itself. USF is San Francisco's first university, and its Jesuit Catholic mission helps ignite a students passion for social justice and a desire to Change the World From Here. For more information, visit http://www.usfca.edu.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency