Full Salary Range: $97,607.89 - $137,344.10 annually*
*Actual placement is based on applicant's verified education and experience (Customary Hiring Range: $$97,607.89 - $107,612.70 annually). In addition, candidates with verified educational units beyond the minimum qualification may qualify for additional pay, up to $564 per contract month.
Initial Review Date: 7/24/20**
**Any complete applications received after the review date will only be forwarded to the hiring committee at their request.
The Foothill-De Anza Community College District is currently accepting applications for the management position above.
Foothill - De Anza Community College District Mission Statement:
The mission of the Foothill-De Anza Community College District is student success. We are driven by an equity agenda and guided by core values of excellence, inclusion, and sustainability. Every member of our district contributes to a dynamic learning environment that fosters student engagement, equal opportunity, and innovation in meeting the various educational and career goals of our diverse students. We are committed to providing an accessible, quality undergraduate education dedicated to developing a broadly educated and socially responsible community that supports an equitable and just future for California.
We are looking for someone who has some of the following skills and strengths:
- Someone who is passionate about K-12 education, and who knows what educators and schools want and need right now
- Someone who enjoys and is good with social media, including traditionally used in K-12 education (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn) as well as newer social media platforms such as TikTok and Snapchat.
- Someone who is connected to the EdTech World (CUE, ISTE)
- Someone who is open minded, willing to innovate and pursue new ideas
- Someone who is flexible and willing to wear many hats since we have a small full time staff
- Someone who has some background/expertise with press releases/connections to the Media and press
- Someone who is able/willing to document-take photos, videos, interviews, etc. of program participants.
Reporting to the Director of the Krause Center for Innovation (KCI), the Director of Strategy and Marketing for KCI supports the effectiveness expansion and replication of KCI programs. Under the general direction of the Director of the KCI, this position will lead business efforts for the KCI and will focus on strategic and business planning, creating and executing on the marketing plan, and supporting the KCI development of fundraising efforts, including grant proposal development.
NATURE and SCOPE:
The Director of Strategy and Marketing for the KCI is responsible for developing business proposals and budgets for contract education and program replications; manage outside vendors; and work with classified staff involved in web and marketing activities. This position supervises a part-time web designer and developer, a part-time marketing position, and a student assistant.
KEY DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following duties and responsibilities are typical but not limited to the following:
- Provide leadership and manage strategic planning activities for the KCI including long-term vision and mission.
- Develop and implement strategic initiative plans and associated marketing plans.
- Manage and develop grants and partnership activities internally and externally for the KCI; coordinate efforts with the Director for the KCI.
- Manage all aspects of grants and coordinate economic development issues.
- Manage outside vendors; represent the KCI to outside audiences and agencies to increase program awareness; establish working relationships with external groups and organizations to promote the KCI mission.
- Supervise the marketing, social media, and website personnel at the KCI, including contract education activities.
- Develop additional revenue streams to support the KCI strategic decision.
- Develop business proposals and budgets for contract education and program replication.
- Establish and maintain relationships with Foothill-De Anza Foundation staff, consultants, and teachers-in-residence to develop and execute action plans, strategic initiatives and activities.
- Prepare and administer budgets; prepare justifications and recommendations; and assure maintenance of documentation.
- Supervise and evaluate the performance of assigned personnel.
- Provide leadership and training for staff to ensure that staff remains aware of and familiar with District and college policies and procedures.
- Lead or participate in various college, district-wide, regional meetings and/or committees for directors, managers, deans, learning communities, and tasks groups as required.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- District policies and procedures.
- California Education Code.
- District safety procedures.
- Budget and finance.
- Federal and state labor laws.
- Organizational design processes and change management.
- Classified union contracts.
- Educational institution operation, related laws, regulations, business and administrative practices.
- Computers: commonly used software and communication mediums.
- Electronic media and desktop publishing.
- Marketing, communications, advertising, and public affairs as they relate to educational institutions.
- Quality principles of trust, teamwork and collaboration.
- Principles of higher education organization, structures, leadership, management and supervision.
Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrate understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious, and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Sales / marketing skills.
- Leadership /management / supervisory skills.
- Computer literacy, skilled in the operation of commonly used software, including Internet communication skills.
- Organizational, time management, and problem solving abilities.
- Handle difficult and sensitive issues and problems and resolve conflicts.
- Develop and manage budgets.
- Prioritize workload and conflicting demands.
- Demonstrate presentation skills.
- Understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious, and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in education, business, public administration or a related field.
- One year of formal training, internship, or leadership experience reasonably related to the administrator's administrative assignment.
- Experience working within a higher education institution.
- Three years experience in sales/marketing, marketing educational services to industry.
- Demonstrated experience with information and communications technology.
- Experience with fundraising.
- Experience in team building and team project completion.
- Evidence of leadership abilities within an educational, business, or government institution.
- Contract Education experience.
- Experience in developing markets and promotional strategies for products/programs.
- Experience in securing revenue, including grant funding.
- Typical office environment; subject to travel to conduct work
- Hearing and speaking to exchange information in person and on the telephone and make presentations.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard.
- Vision sufficient to read various materials.
- Sitting for extending periods of time.
- Bending at the waist.
- Lifting and carrying objects up to 20 lbs.
- A District on-line application on http://hr.fhda.edu/careers/. *In the application, you will provide information, which demonstrates your understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious, and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff. Additionally, you will be asked to explain how your life experiences, studies or work have influenced your commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- A cover letter addressing your qualifications for the position.
- A current resume of all work experience, formal education and training.
If any required application materials are omitted, the committee will not review your application. Items not required (including reference letters) will not be accepted. For full-consideration, all application packets must be received by 11:59 pm on the closing date.
Please allow yourself ample time to complete your application and resolve any technical difficulties that may arise with your submission. We do not guarantee a response to application questions within 48 hours of the closing date.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Position: Full-Time, Contract, 12-months per year
Starting date: As soon as possible upon completion of the search process.
Annual salary plus benefits; excellent benefits package which includes coverage for employee and eligible dependents, dental, vision care, employee assistance program, long term disability, retirement benefits and basic life insurance.
For information on our benefits package that includes medical for employees and dependents, visit our web site: http://hr.fhda.edu/benefits/index.html
Persons with disabilities who require reasonable accommodation to complete the employment process must notify Employment Services no later than the closing date of the announcement.
The successful applicant will be required to provide proof of authorization to work in the U.S.
The Foothill-De Anza Community College District does not reimburse applicants for travel, lodging or any other costs incurred by applicant to attend interviews. All interviewing costs incurred will be the responsibility of the applicant.
For more information about our application process contact:
Foothill-De Anza Community College District
12345 El Monte Road
Los Altos Hills, California 94022
To apply, visit https://fhda.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/4/home/requisition/169?c=fhda
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency