Email Marketing Manager
University of San Francisco
USF Hilltop Campus
Email Marketing Manager
The University of San Francisco is looking for a passionate email marketing manager to drive our email marketing strategy for undergraduate recruitment. In this position, you will devise, execute and optimize email campaigns to nurture prospective applicants on their journey from college hopeful to enrolled student. Reporting to the Assistant Vice Provost for Enrollment Communications, you will collaborate with enrollment and marketing colleagues across campus to develop high-performing campaigns through inventive marketing strategy, design and copy. You will help define the university's targeting, testing methodology and measurement of campaign effectiveness. Additionally, you will lead the adoption and dissemination of best practices to support and enhance email communication strategies for international, graduate and branch campus recruitment.
Full Job Description:
- Develop email marketing strategy with internal stakeholders to identify best approaches to build our pool of prospective students
- Create segmented, multi-touch communication programs for target audiences to drive requests for information, promote events, encourage campus visits and build engagement
- Manage campaigns to deliver targeted communications to audiences using the Slate customer relationship management system, including setup, testing, automated deployment and reporting
- Build and debug email templates, using HTML and CSS as needed
- Set goals and measure campaign effectiveness to inform and refine communication strategies and tactics
- Design and recommend frameworks for email best practices across SEM and with other USF colleagues
- Provide training and troubleshooting on Slate email communications as requested across USF graduate and undergraduate programs
- Work closely with internal data team to maintain and enhance Slate with the goal of increasing leads and constantly improving database quality
- Partner with other enrollment and campus marketing communications staff to develop and execute cross-channel communication strategies
- Bachelor's degree required in communications, marketing or related field
- 3-5 years of work experience in either email or database marketing
- Demonstrated experience working with email marketing and marketing automation platforms
- Proven track record of devising and executing effective email campaigns that generate leads, nurture audiences, and set and meet clear performance goals
- Demonstrated understanding of the different life-cycle stages of audiences and how to engage them at each stage
- Fluency in HTML and CSS to build and debug outbound emails; solid understanding of the basics of design and user experience with a strong eye toward mobile users
- Strong ability to think strategically and to scrutinize and optimize work based on data analytics
- Demonstrated experience managing clients, either internally or in an agency setting
- Demonstrated understanding and championing of current email marketing best practices, including active list management and database segmentation
- Skilled in market testing, A/B testing, data analysis and reporting
- Excellent copywriting skills, from crafting clear calls to action to creating compelling stories that bring the brand to life
- Experience training other professionals in email marketing platforms and strategies and translating concepts to non-technical audiences
- Energetic, resourceful and self-directed team contributor, with the ability to both collaborate effectively and work independently to manage multiple campaigns in a fast-paced, fluid environment
To apply, visit https://usfca.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/USF_Staff/job/USF-Hilltop-Campus/Email-Marketing-Manager_R0003863.
The University of San Francisco is located in the heart of one of the worlds most innovative and diverse cities, and is home to a vibrant academic community of students and faculty who achieve excellence in their fields. Its diverse student body enjoys direct access to faculty, small classes and outstanding opportunities in the city itself. USF is San Francisco's first university, and its Jesuit Catholic mission helps ignite a students passion for social justice and a desire to Change the World From Here. For more information, visit http://www.usfca.edu.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency