In order to be an applicant for this position, you must apply on our online job board at: https://employment.kutztown.edu
The Executive Director of Health and Wellness Services provides leadership and vision that focuses upon the role of health, wellness, and safety of the university community. The Executive Director manages the components of the center: Clinical Services, Health Administration Services, Health Promotion Services, AOD Programs, and Counseling & Psychological Services (CPS). These services assist students to define and accomplish personal wellness goals and support the overall health of the campus community by integrating primary prevention, public health, clinical, teaching and training programs, and research.
The Executive Director provides guidance that involves substantial interaction with students, faculty, and staff in the development and implementation of strategic goals and direction toward facilitating learning, promoting academic achievement, and increasing student retention rates.
In addition, the Executive Director is responsible for the planning and policy development, human resource management, business and financial management, and public and external relations.
- Cultural competency as it relates to working with communities of color.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity in all forms.
- Five to eight years of progressive experience in higher education. Experience outside of higher education will be considered if it involves working with adolescent/young adult populations.
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing or relavant field
- Pennsylvania certified/license or eligible for certification or licensure as Physician, Clinical Nurse Specialist, Nurse Practitioner, Physician Assistant or Registered Nurse, in compliance with professional practice standards.
- Demonstrated experience with health education, health promotion, and wellness.
- Understanding of emerging issues in higher education, particularly in wellness and health promotion.
- Experience supervising professional and student staff members.
- Ability to handle complex, sensitive, and confidential issues.
- Experience in developing and facilitation professional training for students, faculty, and staff.
- Strong organizational and program development skills.
- Experience with budget management and an understanding of how to use limited financial resources.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends as programs, services and University calendar necessitates.
- Fluency in Spanish at a native speaker level.
- At least ten years of relevant progressive leadership and professional experience in a higher education environment that includes demonstrated success in the management and supervision of health, mental health, health promotion, or a closely related area of health care practice and administration.
- Master's degree in Health Administration, Public or Community Health, Business or Public Administration, Counseling, Psychology, Education or a related field; or a Medical Degree.
- Experience supervising personnel represented through collective bargaining agreement(s).
- Experience working in mental health provider facilities
- Doctoral degree in a relevant field.
- Understanding of tele-health priorities and implementation.
- Knowledge of and experience in quality improvement and accreditation activities.
- Experience working with students and young adults during a pandemic.
Applications & Resumes will be accepted until position is filled, however, for full consideration, full application needs to be recieved by end of day, November 8, 2020. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
All applications for this position must be submitted via our online application/resume system ONLY. Please do not fax, mail, or e-mail any documentation.
Successful interview, reference checks, background clearances (PA Criminal, Child Abuse Clearance & FBI Clearance), and demonstration of ability are requisite qualifications for all positions.
The University is very interested in hiring employees who have had extensive experience with diverse populations.
Kutztown University is an AA/EOE/member of the PA State System of Higher Education and actively solicits applications from women and minority candidates.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency