Financial Aid Coordinator I
The Financial Aid Coordinator coordinates all aspects of a particular financial aid functional area. Typically hires, trains, evaluates and supervises Student Financial Aid staff and student assistants. Read and interpret federal, state and university regulations regarding financial aid awards and disbursements. Independently evaluate students' financial aid applications and exercises professional judgment in making awarding decisions.
Florida Gulf Coast University is committed to establishing and maintaining an inclusive working and learning environment in which students, faculty, administrators, staff, curriculum, social activities, governance, and all other aspects of the campus life reflect a diverse, multi-cultural, and international worldview.
At FGCU, we collectively stand against any individual or group that practices any form of racism, discrimination, intolerance, hate expressions, or disrespect. We are committed to preparing students to understand, live among, appreciate, and work in an inherently diverse country and world made up of people with different ethnic and racial backgrounds, religious beliefs, abilities, ages, gender identities, sexual orientations, socio-economic status, cultural traditions, family statuses, and military backgrounds. FGCU strives to hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our University stronger. The University community recognizes the importance of a diverse and inclusive institution and holds these ideals as paramount for the current and future success of the institution.
We seek colleagues who promote and embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion. We encourage individuals from diverse backgrounds to apply for this position as we believe that our University will grow and move forward through a commitment of equality for all.
Typical duties include but are not limited to:
- Manages and coordinates all aspects of a particular financial aid functional area.
- Conducts daily review of financial aid discrepancy reports and makes adjustments to student awards as needed, including resolving data conflicts and over-awards.
- Supports operational functions, including reconciliation of data and award disbursements related to Federal and State programs.
- Documents reconciliation procedures and efforts for audit purposes.
- Reports and communicates with the Florida Office of Student Financial Assistance regarding state award adjustments, eligibility determinations and payments/refunds.
- Hires, trains, evaluates and supervises Student Financial Aid staff and student assistants.
- Reads and interprets federal, state and university regulations regarding financial aid awards and disbursements.
- Independently evaluates students' financial aid applications and exercises professional judgment in making awarding decisions.
- May advise students and parents regarding the financial aid process, providing information on available programs, procedures, and eligibility, processing program related documents and monitoring compliance to program regulations as they relate to a specific program area.
- May provide information to students and parents at preview and other special programs for prospective and current students.
- Return of Title IV processes.
- Other job-related duties as assigned
- Maintains best practices and current knowledge all federal and state regulations. Monitors and ensures policies and procedures are in compliance relating to reconciliation.
Additional Job Description
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in an appropriate area of specialization.
- Two years of professional full-time experience in financial aid or related higher education field.
- Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience, and/or certifications may be considered.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of Department of Education rules related to Federal Student Aid, NCAA, and A-Sun rules and regulations, and community college and high school curriculum requirements.
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to prioritize and complete simultaneous projects within deadlines.
- Skill in using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to deal effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to manage and coordinate assignments to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently to complete assignments.
- Ability to provide professional customer service.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present effectively to small and large groups.
- Ability to think critically and make clear, well-reasoned and timely decisions.
- Ability to interact in a professional manner with a diverse group of staff, faculty, students, and the community in a service-oriented environment.
- Ability to interpret and apply laws, regulations, policies and procedures consistently.
- Ability to provide professional customer service.
- Ability to thrive in an organization that values the diversity of its student body and workforce and actively promotes equity and inclusion.
Pay Grade: 15
To apply, visit https://fgcu.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/eaglejobs/job/Main-Campus/Financial-Aid-Coordinator-I_R0003370
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency