Financial Aid Coordinator (Quad Cities)
Employment - Information & Instructions
- Work Department: Financial Aid
- Class Title/Code: Financial Aid Coordinator (0053)
- Effective Date: Feb 19, 2021
- Prepares and coordinates the preparation of statistical, operating, and planning records and/or reports; maintains spreadsheets for various institutional programs for tracking and balancing purposes; ensures accuracy, completeness, and compliance with regulations.
- Assists students with suggestions for locating institutional grants and scholarships; works with students and agencies to resolve discrepancies.
- Manages correspondence and provides general financial information concerning account receivables, Tuition Assistance, and other financial programs to students, parents, staff, and outside agencies.
- Monitors student's eligibility to receive financial aid (satisfactory academic progress, limitation of entitlements, verification, etc.).
- Reviews changes in regulations affection various campus-based programs, guaranteed loans, state grants and institutional programs; recommends changes in procedure to meet changing regulation needs.
- Assists in the development and implementation of intra-office procedures, rules and policies; analyzes clients' needs and recommends policy changes to administrators.
- Participates in the development of forms, letters, and brochures needed to collect financial aid data from student applications.
- Serves as a liaison with other University organizations that work with the Financial Aid Office and outside agencies.
- Supports lower-level employees/students and coordinates, schedules and provides in-service training and staff meetings as delegated.
Performs duties of the lower-level in this series (i.e. Financial Aid) as required.
Performs other duties as assigned.
- Required Qualifications:
- Any one or combination totaling three (3) years (36 months) from the following categories:
- college course work in any field
- Associate Degree (60 semester hours) equals one (1) year (12 months)
- 90-semester hours equals two (2) years (24 months)
- Bachelor's Degree or higher (120 semester hours) equals three (3) years (36 months)
- work experience coordinating office, business, or customer service/relations activities.
- One (1) year (12 months) of higher-education, student services, or closely related experience.
- Starting Salary: $15.80
- Application Deadline: Mar 5, 2021
- Additional Information:
This is a position at our Quad Cities Campus.
Complete an Employment Application
online. Submit supplemental application materials, which may include transcripts, licenses, certifications, resume, and a copy of the DD214 (if applicable), via email to HR-Testing@wiu.edu
All application materials are due in the WIU Human Resources Office no later than 4:30 p.m. the day of the application deadline.
Western Illinois University is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity employer with a strong commitment to diversity and a non-discrimination policy that includes sex, race, color, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, religion, age, marital status, national origin, disability, or veteran status.For questions regarding the application process, please contact:
Human Resources Office
Sherman Hall 105
1 University Circle
Macomb, IL 61455
Phone: (309) 298-1971 ext. 1
Fax: (309) 298-2300
Open: Monday - Friday; 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency