This ad is expired.
Financial Aid Counselor (Enrollment Services Specialist 1)
Penn State Brandywine's Enrollment Management Office is seeking a Financial Aid Counselor for its busy Office of Student Aid. Reporting directly to the Coordinator of Student Financial Resources and Solutions, the Financial Aid Counselor will be responsible for providing lead office support and assisting in the administration of financial aid programs at Penn State Brandywine.
Typical duties include:
- advising and counseling students and parents on financial aid eligibility, application procedures and policies and monitoring student aid progress
- developing and maintaining a working knowledge of all federal, state, and institutional sources of financial aid and regulations, policies, and procedures
- reviewing and resolving application/eligibility problems
- serving as liaison to the University Park's Office of Student Aid
- preparing, reviewing, and responding to a broad range of financial aid correspondence
- preparing and submitting forms for veteran benefits
- preparing and processing various forms; coordinating travel and meeting arrangements; maintaining, securing and disposing of financial aid records and related confidential material
- providing back-up phone support for the Admissions Unit and participating in campus admissions activities as needed
Typically requires an Associate's Degree or higher or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Previous experience working in higher education and experience as a Financial Aid Counselor are strongly preferred.
Competencies critical to success in this job are:
- proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Access, and Excel), web-based applications, and databases
- excellent verbal and written communication and organizational skill
- the ability to multitask
- the ability to communicate in an effective and professional manner with detailed and sensitive information
- a demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion
- dedication to excellent customer service and desire to help students succeed
- the ability to thrive in a fast paced environment and a willingness to work some evenings and weekends to meet the responsibilities of the position
As a member of a two person team located in a multifunctional space, leadership and collaboration are essential; a strong commitment to teamwork is a plus.
For full consideration, please submit a completed application, resume, and cover letter.
The Pennsylvania State University is committed to and accountable for advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in all of its forms. We embrace individual uniqueness, foster a culture of inclusive excellence that supports both broad and specific diversity initiatives, leverage the educational and institutional benefits of diversity, and engage all individuals to help them thrive. We value inclusive excellence as a core strength and an essential element of our public service mission.
Apply online at https://psu.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/PSU_Staff/job/Penn-State-Brandywine/Financial-Aid-Counselor--Enrollment-Services-Specialist-1-_REQ_0000008708-1
CAMPUS SECURITY CRIME STATISTICS: For more about safety at Penn State, and to review the Annual Security Report which contains information about crime statistics and other safety and security matters, please go to http://www.police.psu.edu/clery/, which will also provide you with detail on how to request a hard copy of the Annual Security Report.
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency