This ad is expired.
Interim Executive Director, Adult Education and Community Initiatives - District
Interested candidates must apply by the deadline listed below by 8:00 p.m., Pacific Standard Time.
Adult Ed Block Grant (D)
Physical location of the position:
$101,454 - $123,516
Is this position categorically (grant) funded?
If categorically (grant) funded, date funded through:
December 31, 2021 with the possibility of extension pending funding
Under the supervision of the area Dean, provides district-wide leadership to establish and strengthen coordinated efforts to improve and expand educational services, including the development and delivery of grants, programs, and services to specific learner populations; acts as a liaison to community agencies, including the About Student Regional Consortium.
Supervises and directs assigned managers, classified staff, short-term/student employees.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
The equivalent of a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution AND at least 5 years' experience in program management focused in education and training is required. Master's degree is strongly preferred. Experience in higher education, public administration, and managing federal and state grants is highly desirable. Effective demonstrated experience working with low-income and first-generation students, as well as understanding the affective, cognitive, and social needs of today's community college student is desired.
- Federal and state laws; policies and procedures germane to the assignment including AEBG legislation;
- Grant management techniques, data collection, audit, evaluation, and grant reporting;
- General office and computer skills;
- Marketing and recruitment techniques;
- Evaluation and assessment methods;
- Financial management techniques;
- Effective practices for providing educational services to potential and current students.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to build mutually beneficial partnerships;
- Write clearly, persuasively, and concisely;
- Represent the District and AEBG to businesses, industry, and the community;
- Plan, organize and prioritize daily assignments and work activities;
- Demonstrate skills in interpersonal relationships, tact, patience, courtesy, and customer service;
- Prepare and deliver oral presentations, workshops, and trainings;
- Maintain an understanding of current ideas, research, and practices pertaining to the areas of responsibility for this position through continued study and participation in AEBG consortium, conferences, webinars, and other professional development activities;
- Manage staff and work with faculty.
Administration, classified staff, faculty, public officials, the general public, students, community partners and state and government officials.
Employees must possess the ability to lift, carry, push, and pull materials and objects weighing up to 25 pounds. Will require occasional travel.
Employee works in an office environment with moderate noise levels, controlled temperature conditions, and no direct exposure to hazardous physical substances.
Must have evidence of sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic backgrounds of community college students (E.C. 87360a).
Duties and Responsibilities:
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES (Illustrative Only):
1. Provides leadership in collaboration with college administrators and appropriate faculty in researching and establishing district-wide initiatives pertaining to adults, current and former foster youth, and other populations with demonstrated barriers to educational goal attainment.
2. Provides overall administration and coordination of the District's Adult Education Block Grant (AEBG) programs and initiatives, in partnership with college leadership and the Riverside About Students Regional Consortium.
3. Provides leadership for the District's Foster Youth Support Network programs and initiatives, in partnership with college leadership and community partners.
4. Collaborates with faculty at colleges to develop and implement courses and workshops to provide transitional assistance and workforce readiness on campus and in the community, with an emphasis on noncredit courses.
5. Trains, supervises, and reviews work of designated department personnel and oversees daily activities of staff.
6. Develops and maintains relationships with community partners and represents the District at community, county, and regional meetings.
7. Provides leadership to marketing, recruitment, and outreach activities for related programs, including college visits, transitional assistance workshops, and awareness campaigns.
8. Coordinates efforts with college initiatives, departments, funds, and programs to collectively advance student enrollment, retention, completion, and success within the parameters of the funding.
9. Develops and implements systems for data collection, external evaluation, participant tracking, and reporting for AEBG and assigned grants and initiatives.
10. Develops, reviews, and modifies program operational policies, manuals, and other materials required for program operations.
11. Develops, prepares and monitors budgets to ensure compliance with program and District standards and submits quarterly and year-end reports to AEBG and other funders as needed.
12. Performs other related responsibilities as may be assigned.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
This is a Temporary, Interim Classified Management position with vacation, 22 days annually; and paid accruable sick leave, 12 days annually. A pro-rata reduction will be made for employees working less than full-time and less than 12 months. The District provides a health and welfare benefit package for employees and legal qualifying dependents.
The work location and assignment within a job classification is determined by the District and may be subject to change.
All offers of employment will be contingent upon the availability of funds and approval by the Board of Trustees.
The Riverside Community College District is an equal opportunity employer and recognizes the need to provide reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities. For more information, contact (951) 222-8039.
The Riverside Community College District complies with all federal and state rules and regulations and does not discriminate on the basis of ethnic group identification, national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, color, ancestry, genetic information, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any characteristic listed or defined in Section 11135 of the Government Code or any characteristic that is contained in the prohibition of hate crimes set forth in subdivision (1) of Section 422.6 of the California Penal Code, or any other status protected by law. This holds true for all District employment opportunities. Inquiries regarding compliance and/or grievance procedures may be directed to the District's Title IX Officer/Section 504/ADA Coordinator. Harassment of any employee/student with regard to ethnic group identification, national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, color, ancestry, genetic information, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any characteristic listed or defined in Section 11135 of the Government Code or any characteristic that is contained in the prohibition of hate crimes set forth in subdivision (1) of Section 422.6 of the California Penal Code, or any other status protected by law, is strictly prohibited. The Title IX Officer, Section 504/ADA Coordinator for the District is Ms. Lorraine Jones, located at 3801 Market Street, Riverside, CA 92501. Telephone Number is: (951) 222-8039.
Work Hours/Work Days for Classified and Hourly Positions Only:
Required Applicant Documents:
Resume or Curriculum Vitae
Bachelors or Equivalent Transcript
Optional Applicant Documents:
Masters or Equivalent Transcript
Effective Employment Date:
Anticipated Start Date: July 2020
*It is anticipated that interviews will occur sometime during the 2nd or 3rd week of July.
Please note: The selection process typically concludes within four to six weeks from the closing date. There are, however, exceptions to this general guideline. Status updates will be made throughout the process. Please refer to your account for any updates to the status of your application.
* An electronic, RCCD on-line application must be completed to be considered. All portions of the application must be entirely filled out with all information qualifying an applicant for the position. Only information on the official RCCD application (not resumes) will be considered to determine whether an applicant meets the minimum requirements for the position for which he/she is applying.
* All supporting materials, required or optional, must also be in electronic formats and attached to the electronic, on-line application when applying. Supporting materials are only accepted as Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) or Microsoft Word files and must be less than 2 MB in size.
* An application will not be considered complete unless ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS are electronically attached to the application by the Application Deadline date. An incomplete file may subject the candidate to disqualification.
* Paper applications and supporting materials, including letters of recommendation, WILL NOT be accepted! All documents must be submitted electronically with the online application.
* Letters of reference, IF REQUIRED, must be NON-CONFIDENTIAL and submitted electronically when applying on-line.
* Interested candidates must apply by the deadline listed above by 8:00 p.m., Pacific Standard Time.
* The Riverside Community College District does not require testing at the initial application filing period. As you progress through the selection process, you may be required to perform a job-related test based on the needs of the work area for which you are being considered.
* The District will make reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicant should contact Human Resources & Employee Relations at (951) 222-8595 for assistance.
Application Types Accepted:
To Apply, visit:
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency