Lead Administrator - Houston Transfer Population
Performs managerial work providing direction and guidance in setting and achieving goals and objectives; developing policies; reviewing guidelines, procedures, rules, and regulations; establishing priorities, standards, and measurement tools for determining progress in meeting goals; coordinating and evaluating program activities; and establishing and monitoring budgets. May plan, assign, and supervise the work of others. Works under limited supervision with latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
- Help assist with development and implementation for transfer events.
- Advise prospective undergraduate students planning to transfer to Texas Tech. Assist students to resolve issues or barriers to enrollment; make appropriate referrals; follow up on student contacts.
- Work with academic advisors, instructors, administrators, and other professionals to discuss transfer issues.
- Designs, analyzes, conducts and evaluates research related to academic advising needs of transfer student populations. Provide data as requested.
- Collaborate with TTU advising coordinators to align advising information, strategies, methods, and tools including coordinating workshops and events for transfer students.
- Know and apply TTU academic advising policies, standards, and best practices accurately and uniformly including maintaining confidential files and preparing materials for various entities.
- Create and maintain positive relationships with college/departments at TTU & other institutions of higher education to increase applications, admits, and enrollment of transfer students.
- Demonstrate ability to: thrive in a fast paced office environment, perform multiple tasks; and adapt to sudden changes to processes, procedures, and/or action plans.
Bachelor's degree in area of expertise or closely related area required. Five (5) years of experience in planning, developing, or implementing programs or research grants. Additional education my substitute for required experience on a year-for-year basis.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Excellent online and telephone public relations and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work well with faculty, staff, students, and administrators.
- Possess the knowledge of procedures required to maintain confidential files along with the ability to prepare materials for various entities.
- Punctual, dependable, organized, and detail-oriented.
- Expected to follow instructions, and perform duties with accuracy and in a timely manner.
- Recruiting and advising experience, preferred.
To apply, visit workattexastech.com
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicants race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency