MEDICAL DIRECTOR - CLINICAL DESIGN & INNOVATION
Job Opening ID: 185933
Work Location: Michigan Medicine - Health Sys
Ann Arbor, MI
Full Time/Part Time: Full-Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
Organizational Group: Um Hospital
Department: Quality - CDI Admin
Posting Begin/End Date: 3/24/2020 4/14/2020
Paid Time Off:
How to Apply
Please send CV and letter of interest to:
Sara Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org and Paul Paliani at email@example.com
The Medical Director of the Clinical Design and Innovation Program (CDI) within the Quality Department will lead the program's efforts to improve quality of care, reduce unwarranted variation and reduce costs for targeted programs/conditions. The Medical Director will partner with the Administrative Director/Lead/Manager of the CDI program in leading the program and with senior leadership identifying programs/conditions for improvement.
The Medical Director will partner with Michigan Medicine leaders in the health system, UMMG, physicians, nurses, other affiliated personnel, and hospital/medical school departments in the work to improve these programs/conditions.
The Medical Director position is 25% effort with remaining effort as a faculty member in the University of Michigan Medical School.
- Serve as a system leader to improve value (appropriateness x outcomes / cost) to patients, families and payors
- Work with Departments/Divisions to identify physicians willing to engage in change management
- Provide ongoing support throughout the entire program/condition improvement process
- Develop outcome, cost, and margin metrics for targeted conditions along with Physician Leads
- Participate in meetings with program/condition teams
- Maintain communication with program leads after disengagement to ensure ongoing improvement efforts are sustained
- Partner with the Administrative Lead for CDI in continually improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the Clinical Design Program
- Assist and coach the CDI team in overcoming barriers and problem solve across silos when needed
- Eligible for faculty appointment within the University of Michigan Medical School
- A MD or DO degree with at least 7 years' experience practicing medicine
- Demonstrates knowledge of tools used in Lean, Six Sigma or other improvement methodologies and experience using them
- Strategy-oriented, outcome-focused and cross-functional clinical leader with quality improvement and operations experience.
- Demonstrates integrity and respect for others and values teamwork and collaborations in interpersonal interactions
- Demonstrates effective leadership skills of delegation, organization and coordination of activities necessary to effect change
- Ability to examine a program/condition over its entire spectrum and not at only one of its components
- Functions as a systems thinker
- Displays insight and knowledge regarding challenges and pressures facing providers
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Evidence of being a lifelong learner with continuing professional self-development
- Basic understanding of Activity Based Cost Accounting
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
To apply, visit https://careers.umich.edu/job_detail/185933/medical_director_-_clinical_design_innovation
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency