This ad is expired.
Marketing and Communications Writer
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning. As an employer Penn has been ranked nationally on many occasions with the most recent award from Forbes who named Penn one of America's Best Employers By State in 2021.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement for all positions at the University of Pennsylvania. New hires are expected to be fully vaccinated before beginning work at the University. For more information about Penn's vaccine requirements and the use of Penn Open Pass, visit the Penn COVID-19 Response website for the latest information.
Posted Job Title
Marketing and Communications Writer
Job Profile Title
Staff Writer B
Job Description Summary
Penn's College of Liberal and Professional Studies (LPS) is looking for a Marketing and Communications Writer with 2-3 years of experience (3-5 years preferred) working in higher education, a marketing communications agency, or another related field to join our collaborative marketing team. The Marketing and Communications writer is responsible for conceptualizing and developing various types of marketing copy; editing content written by themselves and others; working collaboratively within the marketing team on assigned projects; managing multiple projects, timelines, and deadlines simultaneously. Writing samples must be provided for consideration.
Overview of SAS Professional and Continuing Education:
The College of Liberal and Professional Studies (LPS) in the University of Pennsylvania's School of Arts and Sciences is dedicated to integrating knowledge across disciplines and to providing innovative programs that engage minds, advance careers, and make a positive impact on society. LPS offers undergraduate and graduate degree programs, post-baccalaureate certificate programs, high school programs, short-term study abroad programs, online credit and non-credit courses and runs the School of Arts and Sciences Summer Sessions and English Language Programs.
The LPS marketing team is a dynamic, collaborative group of marketing and creative professionals, who tackle projects requiring independence, teamwork, and relationship management. Each team member brings a unique area of expertise, as well as an understanding of how those skills overlap and integrate with those of other members, for creating unique and effective marketing campaigns.
The Marketing and Communications Writer is expected to understand the mission of the LPS business unit and goals of its programs and be able to convey that in a cohesive voice across all projects, platforms, and communications.
Under the direction and general supervision of the Assistant Director of User Experience and Creative Strategy, the Marketing and Communications Writer works closely with an award-winning marketing team to generate ideas and produce high-quality content for all online, audio, and print materials. Projects include marketing websites, emails, print and online ads, brochures, flyers, posters, radio spots, news and feature articles, faculty/student/alumni profiles, social media posts, and other promotional materials that help achieve LPS project and program goals.
The Marketing and Communications Writer is responsible for conducting interviews with and soliciting content from program directors, recruiters, enrollment and admissions staff, faculty, students, and alumni to develop compelling, strategic, and informed marketing copy.
The Marketing and Communications Writer is responsible for editing, proofreading, ensuring the accuracy of content, and adhering to LPS style guides and standards-for content developed by themselves and by others.
The Marketing and Communications Writer must be comfortable working both collaboratively and independently under tight deadlines and balancing multiple projects simultaneously.
A great eye for detail and a passion for higher education a must.
Writing: Develop compelling, strategic, and informed copy that promotes the benefits of LPS programs for prospective, current, and former students in initiatives across all media. Projects include, but are not limited to: Posters, brochures, news articles, press releases, invitations, print and online ads, websites, email communications, and radio spots.
Editing: Edit and proofread content, such as marketing copy and collateral, website content, program descriptions, and event details, from a variety of sources (including his/her own writing). Work with team members to ensure edits are implemented accurately and consistently, according to approved styles and in a timely manner.
Collaborating: Work collaboratively with LPS marketing and program teams to conceptualize innovative, creative, and strategic content that meets project objectives. Participate as a member of the marketing team in group meetings, brainstorms, reviews, training, and events (such as graduation, University speaker events, etc).
Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree and 2 to 3 years of professional writing and marketing communications experience in a collaborative environment, or equivalent combination of education and experience, is required. 3-5 years is preferred.
- S/he must have professional experience collaborating as a member of a team in the development of creative concepts and strategic writing, as well as the ability to manage and prioritize multiple detail-oriented assignments and meet their assigned deadlines.
- S/he has history of strong editing and proofreading skills.
- S/he demonstrates intermediate-level knowledge of industry-standard applications including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Acrobat. Knowledge of the Adobe suite and other web applications, including project management software, is a plus.
- Preference is given to candidates who have experience with offline and online marketing materials, and knowledge of content marketing and user experience. Evidence of continuing studies, coursework, and active professional involvement is a plus.
A resume, cover letter and writing samples must be provided for consideration.
The salary for this position is expected to be from $43,000 to $60,000.
Office, library, computer room.
Alternative work schedules.
Typically sitting at a desk or table.
Job Location - City, State
Department / School
School of Arts and Sciences
$42,953.00 - $77,315.00
Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
- Health, Life, and Flexible Spending Accounts: Penn offers comprehensive medical, prescription, behavioral health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits to protect you and your family's health and welfare. You can also use flexible spending accounts to pay for eligible health care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
- Tuition: Take advantage of Penn's exceptional tuition benefits. You, your spouse, and your dependent children can get tuition assistance here at Penn. Your dependent children are also eligible for tuition assistance at other institutions.
- Retirement: Penn offers generous retirement plans to help you save for your future. Penn's Basic, Matching, and Supplemental retirement plans allow you to save for retirement on a pre-tax or Roth basis. Choose from a wide variety of investment options through TIAA and Vanguard.
- Time Away from Work: Penn provides you with a substantial amount of time away from work during the course of the year. This allows you to relax, take vacations, attend to personal affairs, recover from illness or injury, spend time with family-whatever your personal needs may be.
- Long-Term Care Insurance: In partnership with Genworth Financial, Penn offers faculty and staff (and your eligible family members) long-term care insurance to help you cover some of the costs of long-term care services received at home, in the community or in a nursing facility. If you apply when you're newly hired, you won't have to provide proof of good health or be subject to underwriting requirements. Eligible family members must always provide proof of good health and are subject to underwriting.
- Wellness and Work-life Resources: Penn is committed to supporting our faculty and staff as they balance the competing demands of work and personal life. That's why we offer a wide variety of programs and resources to help you care for your health, your family, and your work-life balance.
- Professional and Personal Development: Penn provides an array of resources to help you advance yourself personally and professionally.
- University Resources: As a member of the Penn community, you have access to a wide range of University resources as well as cultural and recreational activities. Take advantage of the University's libraries and athletic facilities, or visit our arboretum and art galleries. There's always something going on at Penn, whether it's a new exhibit at the Penn Museum, the latest music or theater presentation at the Annenberg Center, or the Penn Relays at Franklin Field to name just a few examples. As a member of the Penn community, you're right in the middle of the excitement-and you and your family can enjoy many of these activities for free.
- Discounts and Special Services: From arts and entertainment to transportation and mortgages, you'll find great deals for University faculty and staff. Not only do Penn arts and cultural centers and museums offer free and discounted admission and memberships to faculty and staff. You can also enjoy substantial savings on other goods and services such as new cars from Ford and General Motors, cellular phone service plans, movie tickets, and admission to theme parks.
- Flexible Work Hours: Flexible work options offer creative approaches for completing work while promoting balance between work and personal commitments. These approaches involve use of non-traditional work hours, locations, and/or job structures.
- Penn Home Ownership Services: Penn offers a forgivable loan for eligible employees interested in buying a home or currently residing in West Philadelphia, which can be used for closing costs or home improvements.
- Adoption Assistance: Penn will reimburse eligible employees on qualified expenses in connection with the legal adoption of an eligible child, such as travel or court fees, for up to two adoptions in your household.
To learn more, please visit: https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay
To apply, visit https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/3440-Market-Street/Marketing-and-Communications-Writer_JR00042707
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency