New York Institute of Technology offers 90 undergraduate, graduate, and professional degree programs in more than 50 fields of study, including computer science, data, and cybersecurity; biology and biomedical studies; architecture and design; engineering; health professions and medicine; IT and digital technologies; management; communications and marketing; education and counseling; and energy and sustainability. A nonprofit, independent, private, and nonsectarian institute of higher education, it welcomes more than 9,000 students worldwide. The university has campuses in New York City and Long Island, New York; Jonesboro, Arkansas; and Vancouver, British Columbia, as well as programs around the world.
New York Tech embraces its mission to provide career-oriented professional education, give all qualified students access to opportunity, and support research and scholarship that benefits the larger world. More than 100,000 alumni comprise an engaged network of doers, makers, and innovators prepared change the world, solve 21st-century challenges, and reinvent the future.
For more information, visit nyit.edu.
New York Institute of Technology seeks a Multimedia Designer with a focus on graphic design, digital, social, and presentation experience to join our Office of Strategic Communications. Reporting to the Senior Creative Director, the Multimedia Designer will have modern graphic communications skills, a knack for spotting trends, a visual storytelling sense, and a strong interest social media. This is an opportunity to embrace the visual identity of the New York Tech brand while participating in growing and evolving it so it stands out in the competitive and crowded higher ed marketplace.
This position is based at our Long Island and/or NYC Campuses and maybe a hybrid role in accordance with New York Techs Remote Work Policy.
Key responsibilities include the development of a range of projects in support of recruitment/retention, reputation/awareness, and development/fundraising. Projects range from larger cross-platform executions and campaigns to smaller, ongoing tasks such as email and social media templates, and departmental marketing materials.
The ideal candidate is a strategic and conceptual thinker, with the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively to support and convey institutional stories and priorities. Candidate must have a strong sense of typography and layout as well as digital and video animation experience. Must be able to multitask, break down and convey detailed concepts through visual storytelling, and prioritize in a sometimes fast-paced environment in order to deliver projects within quick turnarounds.
- Create motion graphics in a multitude of formats for use on the website, social media, html emails, advertising, digital signage, and mobile apps. Occasional print work is required.
- Contribute to visual messaging that supports recruitment, retention, brand awareness, reputation, and priorities of the university.
- Translate content-especially data-rich content-into dynamic, compelling visuals for digital and PowerPoint presentations.
- Develop iconographic illustrations that enhance New York Techs visual identity and support messages.
- Work with design colleagues, web content developers, and videographers to develop a visual "language" in concert with New York Techs existing branding and web style guidelines.
- Bachelors degree in design, illustration, motion graphics, or related discipline required
- 2-3 years of practical work experience as an animator, illustrator, or motion graphic designer
- Ability to illustrate and design infographics
- Flexible, deadline driven, collaborative, and able to confidently deliver graphics with complete accuracy
- Proficient in Adobe CC (strong Photoshop, Illustrator and After Effects skills are a must)
- Familiarity with multiple social media platformss creative aspects (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Proficiency in video editing and motion graphics
- Deep understanding of graphic, print, and web design
- Portfolio that showcases design, motion design, typography, and photo manipulation abilities
- Passion for photography a plus!
Additional Job Requirements
- Must be willing to work on Long Island/remote hybrid
- Desired Characteristics
- Ability to work under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment or remotely. Strong organizational and time management skills
- Flexible, deadline driven, detail oriented, collaborative, and able to confidently deliver graphics with complete accuracy
- Positive attitude, strong multitasker
- Excellent communication skills, adaptability to a wide range of stakeholders
- Team player, willing to contribute ideas and trends to an engaged group of content creators
Please submit cover letter & resume for consideration.
New York Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
To apply, visit https://careers-nyit.icims.com/jobs/2553/multimedia-designer/job?in_iframe=1
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-ee19e78e53c7064cb50790a161a27d71