This ad is expired.
Office Assistant 2 - Residential Life
Job no: 494729
Position type: Full time
Division/Equivalent: Enrollment Management & Student Affairs
School/Unit: Residential Life
Department/Office: Residential Life
Categories: Administrative; Secretarial; Clerical
Monday - Friday from 8am to 4pm
Line # 43136
SG-9, Starting Salary: $36,772
Reporting to the Assistant Director for Housing, Residential Life/Learning Communities, this position performs office support and clerical work to meet the requirements of the department. Such work may consist of, but is not limited to: data entry; math or calculations; mail, supply, and inventory-related tasks; keyboarding and other document preparation tasks; answering telephones; completing forms; assisting customers; creating or assisting in the preparation of reports, charts, graphs, and tables; and other related activities.
- Collects and distributes reports
- Coordinates mailings to students
- Develops and updates procedure manual: gathers, compiles, and prepares data from manual or automated files
- Handles all Banner related functions for the department (updating student bills, adding charges, removing charges, etc.)
- Develops, maintains and updates the CBORD HMS Odyssey/ResCenter Housing Systems
- Responds to student inquiries via the email@example.com email in a timely fashion
- Updates Student/Staff card access to on-campus housing locations as requested
- Reviews forms and other pertinent student application documentation and makes appropriate determinations of documents
- Coordinates meetings
- Prepares paperwork (requisition, spreadsheet, standard vouchers, Substitute W-9 forms, and vendor address update forms) as needed
- Completes purchases and purchasing paperwork as needed
- Meet with local Census Bureau field reps to provide resident contact info and arrange collection of surveys with department staff
- Answers overflow incoming calls to office
- Able to provide excellent customer service to students and campus partners
- Supervise and train student employees
One year as an Office Assistant 1; or one year of permanent service in a clerical or keyboarding title allocated to Grade 5 or higher, or transfer eligible, or be reachable for appointment on the current NY State Civil Service eligible list for Office Assistant 2.
How to apply:
Please respond to the canvass, submit your application, cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references, one being a current supervisor, at jobs.brockport.edu by November 10, 2020.
New York State Executive Order 161
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/Diversity Statement
We are part of an academic community committed to fostering integrity, civility, and justice. We affirm that the dignity of our Brockport community is protected when free speech, academic freedom and individual rights are expressed within a climate of civility and mutual respect. Striving to learn from each other, we value human diversity because it enriches our lives and it is fundamental to the College's commitment to teaching, learning, scholarship and service leading to student success.
SUNY Brockport is an AA/EEO/ADA employer. The College actively seeks applications from women, veterans, individuals with a disability, members of underrepresented groups or anyone that would enrich the diversity of the College.
To apply, visit https://jobs.hr.brockport.edu/cw/en-us/job/494729/office-assistant-2-residential-life
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency