PT Head Women's Softball Coach
Foothill-De Anza Community College District
Posting #: PT119
Campus: FHDA PT Faculty
Close/Initial Review Date:
Open Until Filled: Yes
Foothill - De Anza is a multi-campus community college District located in the heart of Silicon Valley and serves communities of Cupertino, Los Altos, Los Altos Hills, Mountain View, Palo Alto, Sunnyvale and portions of San Jose.
Foothill College, which is located in Los Altos Hills, CA, values honesty, integrity, trust, openness, transparency, forgiveness and sustainability. Believing a well-educated population is essential to sustaining and enhancing a democratic society, Foothill College offers programs and services that empower students to achieve their goals as members of the workforce, as future students, and as global citizens. We work to obtain equity in achievement of student outcomes for all California student populations, and are guided by our core values of honesty, integrity, trust, openness, transparency, forgiveness, and sustainability. Foothill College offers associate degrees and certificates in multiple disciplines, and a baccalaureate degree in dental hygiene.
De Anza College, which is located in Cupertino, CA, values and is committed to integrity, innovation, equity, developing the human capacity of all students' institutional core competencies and civic engagement for social justice. De Anza College provides an academically rich, multicultural learning environment that challenges students of every background to develop their intellect, character and abilities; to realize their goals; and to be socially responsible leaders in their communities, the nation and the world. De Anza College fulfills its mission by engaging students in creative work that demonstrates the knowledge, skills and attitudes contained within the college's Institutional Core Competencies:
- Communication and expression
- Information literacy
- Physical/mental wellness and personal responsibility
- Civic capacity for global, cultural, social and environmental awareness
- Critical thinking
Foothill - De Anza Community College District is establishing a pool of qualified applications for the position of Part-time Head Women's Softball Coach. Assignments may require teaching lecture-discussion courses during day, evening or on Saturday and/or in an on-line/distance education format.
Applications will be screened by appropriate department representatives and will be filled on an as-needed basis. This is on-going recruitment, until otherwise noted and applications will remain on file for two (2) years from date received or last submitted.
- Understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious, and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff.
- Bachelor's degree or higher AND two (2) years of professional experience OR any Associate degree AND six (6) years of professional experience.
NOTE: Official Transcripts verifying qualifications will be REQUIRED prior to an offer of employment. Applicants who have international transcripts must obtain transcripts that are evaluated by an independent educational-equivalency evaluation company and obtain an English translation (if necessary). These services are to be done at the applicant's expense. Both Foothill De Anza CCD employees and external candidates must submit transcripts.
- Master's Degree in Physical Education or related discipline.
- A minimum of two (2) years of coaching as a Women's Softball coach.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- This position is specifically responsible to teach Softball courses.
- Essential functions include the following:
- Coach and supervise the Softball team during practice and games.
- Provide the organization, direction, and administration of the Softball program which includes recruiting of participants from diverse ethnic groups.
- Have a current Class B Driver License and medical card. Travel to contests and be responsible to drive the student-athletes to contests.
- Be responsible for home game management staff.
- Schedule contests.
- Develop a fundraising program.
- Maintain active involvement with student activities, sports promotion and Athletic Department fundraising.
- Develop an off-season strength and conditioning program.
- Monitor academic progress to student-athletes and actively assist students in the four-year transfer program.
- Attend Conference, Nor Cal and State Meetings.
- Assignments may include weekends and/or evenings.
- Develop curriculum and participate in other duties consistent with part-time faculty responsibilities.
- Attend coaches, athletics and faculty meetings. Represent De Anza in a professional manner.
- Standard duties expected of all part-time faculty include the performance of instructional, counselor, or librarian duties as assigned; evaluation and assessment of student work; and timely submission of grades. In addition, part-time faculty are expected to participate in the assessment of their performance, including administrative and student evaluations. Part-time faculty may also have opportunities to participate in various campus and staff development activities and are encouraged to be involved in the larger College or District community. Part-time faculty may be eligible to receive additional assignments and participate in professional development events.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Be current on CCCAA and Coast Conference, and De Anza rules, policies and guidelines. This includes taking the CCCAA online test and complete the CCCAA Constitution and Bylaws In-Service every year.
- Indoor, office environment.
(Applicants should perform these physical abilities with or without reasonable accommodations)
- Hearing and speaking to exchange information.
- Vision sufficient to read various materials.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to perform the tasks required of the position.
- Regularly stand, walk, and sit for extended periods of time.
- Bending at waist, kneeling, or crouching.
- Reaching overhead, above the shoulders, and horizontally.
- Lifting and carrying objects up to 20 lbs.
- A District on-line application at http://hr.fhda.edu/careers/. In the application, you will provide information, which demonstrates your understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious, and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff. Additionally, you will be asked to explain how your life experiences, studies or work have influenced your commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- A current resume of all work experience, formal education and training.
- A cover letter addressing your qualifications for the position.
If you wish to request equivalency for this position (in the event you do not possess the required degree), you may submit the Request for Equivalency form. This form will need to be submitted with your application packet. You may either scan a hard copy of this form with your application packet or submit it as a Word document with your application packet. http://hr.fhda.edu/_downloads/Equivalency.pdf
Actual placement is based on applicant's verified education and experience. For the part-time faculty salary schedule, go to: http://fafhda.org/agreement-2016-19/appendix/Appendix%20C.pdf
Foothill De Anza Community College District offers a variety of voluntary fringe benefits for qualified part-time faculty, including medical, dental and vision insurance.
Foothill De Anza Community College District is available to assist persons with disabilities who require reasonable accommodation to complete the employment process. Please contact Employment Services at email@example.com or 650.949.6217.
The successful applicant will be required to provide proof of authorization to work in the U.S.
Unfortunately, the Foothill-De Anza Community College District is not able to reimburse applicants for travel, lodging or any other costs incurred by applicant to attend interviews or accept employment. All interviewing and moving costs incurred will be the responsibility of the applicant.
For more information about our application process contact:
Foothill-De Anza Community College District
12345 El Monte Road
Los Altos Hills, California 94022
To apply, visit: http://hr.fhda.edu/careers/
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency