This ad is expired.
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning. As an employer Penn has been ranked nationally on many occasions with the most recent award from Forbes who named Penn one of America's Best Employers By State in 2021.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
Posted Job Title
Job Profile Title
Job Description Summary
The primary function of this position is to support the ongoing operations of the University of Pennsylvania Health System's (UPHS) program for contract management, administration, and storage of executed contracts and related files known as PennTract (the Contract Tracking System). The PennTract Administrator regularly exercises independent judgment and discretion and operates under only generalized supervision from the Senior Contract and Board Administrator and Senior Counsel.
Assists in the on-going operations of the Contract Tracking System across UPHS entities, including operational process development. Trains and on-boards UPHS users, updates users' access privileges and maintains control of users/passwords lists. Acts as a liaison and point of contact person for Contract Tracking System and for executed contracts for UPHS senior management, administrators, clinical chairs, physicians, clinical staff and administrative staff. Responsible for overall communication of changes to Contract Tracking System including system changes, announcements and enhancements. Responsible for maintaining and revising, as necessary, the forms needed to administer the Contract Tracking System.
Acts as liaison to dedicated Scanning Assistants in Managed Care, Clinical Care Associates (CCA) and other units within UPHS. Acts as liaison with Contract Tracking System's vendor for database administration and serves as database administrator, including, but not limited to maintaining the functionality of the Contract Tracking System and worked in close cooperation with the other Contract Administrators/PennTract administrator in the on-going operations of the Contract Tracking System.
Maintains close contact and coordinates efforts with the Purchasing Contract Tracking Coordinator and other Contract Administrator/PennTract administrator including problem-solving and performing quality assurance of users' access and contract data entered into Contract Tracking System.
Facilitates the digital scanning of contracts (including exhibits, appendices, and other attachments) into the Contract Tracking System. Creates new contract records and updates existing records with amendments, addenda, statements of work, schedules, etc. Reviews and abstracts, either directly or in coordination with the originator, contracts and associated documents to be entered into the Contract Tracking System. Verifies compliance provisions (e.g. insurance, HIPAA, BA, accreditation, Medicare exclusion) in executed contracts.
Identifies and processes contracts that need to be evaluated through the Contract Tracking System's vendor evaluation form (VEF) module.
Maintains and follows up on the Contract Tracking System's tickler notifications sent via e-mail alerts. Coordinates with various UPHS personnel and departments, including but not limited to, OGC, Purchasing, and Information Services (IS), as well as various UPHS originators regarding: terminations or renewals of the contracts following the e-mail notifications, Contract Approval Process for contract execution, and corporate deadlines. Coordinates, closely with OGC Senior Contract and Board Administrator and Senior Counsel, on requests for new contracts.
Develops reports, establishes schedule of reports to be run, and runs reports as directed by OGC's Senior Contract and Board Administrator and Senior Counsel, and as needed or requested by Senior Management and other UPHS personnel, including but not limited to material contract reports.
Assists in responding to requests for production of documents stored in the Contract Tracking System, including the production of documents related to due diligence activities. Researches information and serves as a resource on various UPHS contractual issues on diverse projects, as assigned. Maintains, updates and organizes contract files, as needed, updates the internal OGC contract database to be consistent with the Contract Tracking System database, and copying and filing as required.
Assists with drafting notice of termination letters or renewal/extension amendments as needed and in accordance with the Contract Tracking System's email notifications.
Perform additional duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree preferred. Experience in a law firm, hospital legal office, or corporate office setting. Expertise and skill in use of computer system is essential. Requires a minimum of three to five years paralegal experience or equivalent, preferably in corporate and/or contracting, with contracting database management or related experience. Must have formal technical skills and strong database experience preferred. Must be team-oriented and able to exercise initiative and independent judgment. Must have superior demonstrated organization, planning, analytical, and communication skills. Must have a diplomatic, personable, responsive, and practical approach to internal clients and to outside third parties. Teamwork and support of colleagues are essential. Must work cooperatively with co-workers, respond well to competing time demands and deadlines, be motivated and take pride in work product. Must be accurate, thorough, and detail-oriented. Must be able to deal tactfully and professionally in a helpful manner with all levels of management. Must be energetic and flexible. Must have excellent interpersonal skills.
*A Cover Letter and Resume/CV are required to be considered for this position. Please upload your Cover Letter where it asks you to "Upload Resume/CV"; multiple documents are allowed.
Job Location - City, State
Department / School
$42,953.00 - $77,315.00
Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
- Health, Life, and Flexible Spending Accounts: Penn offers comprehensive medical, prescription, behavioral health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits to protect you and your family's health and welfare. You can also use flexible spending accounts to pay for eligible health care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
- Tuition: Take advantage of Penn's exceptional tuition benefits. You, your spouse, and your dependent children can get tuition assistance here at Penn. Your dependent children are also eligible for tuition assistance at other institutions.
- Retirement: Penn offers generous retirement plans to help you save for your future. Penn's Basic, Matching, and Supplemental retirement plans allow you to save for retirement on a pre-tax or Roth basis. Choose from a wide variety of investment options through TIAA and Vanguard.
- Time Away from Work: Penn provides you with a substantial amount of time away from work during the course of the year. This allows you to relax, take vacations, attend to personal affairs, recover from illness or injury, spend time with familywhatever your personal needs may be.
- Long-Term Care Insurance: In partnership with Genworth Financial, Penn offers faculty and staff (and your eligible family members) long-term care insurance to help you cover some of the costs of long-term care services received at home, in the community or in a nursing facility. If you apply when you're newly hired, you won't have to provide proof of good health or be subject to underwriting requirements. Eligible family members must always provide proof of good health and are subject to underwriting.
- Wellness and Work-life Resources: Penn is committed to supporting our faculty and staff as they balance the competing demands of work and personal life. That's why we offer a wide variety of programs and resources to help you care for your health, your family, and your work-life balance.
- Professional and Personal Development: Penn provides an array of resources to help you advance yourself personally and professionally.
- University Resources: As a member of the Penn community, you have access to a wide range of University resources as well as cultural and recreational activities. Take advantage of the University's libraries and athletic facilities, or visit our arboretum and art galleries. There's always something going on at Penn, whether it's a new exhibit at the Penn Museum, the latest music or theater presentation at the Annenberg Center, or the Penn Relays at Franklin Field to name just a few examples. As a member of the Penn community, you're right in the middle of the excitementand you and your family can enjoy many of these activities for free.
- Discounts and Special Services: From arts and entertainment to transportation and mortgages, you'll find great deals for University faculty and staff. Not only do Penn arts and cultural centers and museums offer free and discounted admission and memberships to faculty and staff. You can also enjoy substantial savings on other goods and services such as new cars from Ford and General Motors, cellular phone service plans, movie tickets, and admission to theme parks.
- Flexible Work Hours: Flexible work options offer creative approaches for completing work while promoting balance between work and personal commitments. These approaches involve use of non-traditional work hours, locations, and/or job structures.
- Penn Home Ownership Services: Penn offers a forgivable loan for eligible employees interested in buying a home or currently residing in West Philadelphia, which can be used for closing costs or home improvements.
- Adoption Assistance: Penn will reimburse eligible employees on qualified expenses in connection with the legal adoption of an eligible child, such as travel or court fees, for up to two adoptions in your household.
To learn more, please visit: https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay
To apply, visit https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/FMC-Tower/PennTract-Administrator_JR00041235-1
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency