This ad is expired.
Job Opening ID: 181583
Work Location: Ann Arbor Campus
Full Time/Part Time: Full-Time
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Organizational Group: Shared Services Ctr
Department: Shared Services Center - FIN
Posting Begin/End Date: 12/04/2019 12/11/2019
Salary: $33,630.00 $40,362.00
Paid Time Off:
Career Interest: Finance
The University of Michigan Shared Services Center (U-M SSC) is a customer service organization focused on providing user-friendly and cost-effective administrative services to the university community. The SSC offers U-M departments assistance with key financial and human resource transactions. This allows customers to leverage our consistent processes and specialized technologies and enables them to focus their work on their areas of expertise and away from routine administrative transactions. The SSC continuously works to be a Center of Service Excellence for the university by creating a workplace that is based on three pillars: customer service excellence, Lean Daily Management Systems, and an organizational culture of learning. Reporting to the PeoplePay Supervisor, the PeoplePay Associate serves as a critical member of a high-volume, efficient, customer-service driven team. When the SSC receives requests to pay individuals, PeoplePay Associates are responsible for processing them and completing all associated duties. Within the PeoplePay team, this specific Associate position will be tasked with analyzing requests, determining the correct forms and processes to use, and seeing the request through to payment. The PeoplePay Associate will need to be comfortable spending 80% of any given day completing transactions. PeoplePay Associates work collaboratively with a team of fellow Associates, as well as other SSC colleagues. PeoplePay Associates are expected to perform all expected duties while providing timely, friendly, and accurate customer service with each transaction.
- Maintain knowledge of and adhere to University of Michigan policies and procedures
- Offer unparalleled customer service in all interactions
- Critically analyze requests for payments to individuals, including:
- Research and request supplier additions, reactivations, and updates
- Create purchase order requisitions
- Utilize electronic tool for obtaining digital signatures on forms
- Select and complete the appropriate processing form
- Provide clear, courteous and concise updates to our customers
- Monitor outstanding requests for delays or issues in processing
- Investigate and follow up on delayed requests
- Maintain a high level of work production and accuracy as an individual and as part of the team
- Maintain a high level of team participation and coverage, including team development, team projects and knowledge transfer within the team
- Identify, research, and provide guidance to customers or payees regarding their requests
- Identify and participate in continuous improvement and learning opportunities and activities
- Maintain and update training and process documents
- Identify opportunities to educate and build relationships with partners to improve business processes
- Adhere to standard business processes
- Identify non-standard business processes and escalate to appropriate level when necessary
- Train, mentor, and cross-train new and existing staff in individual or group settings
Education:High School diploma or equivalent Experience:
- Willingness to provide a high level of customer service and satisfaction
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient standard office computer skills with (i.e. Microsoft Office , Google Suite)
The University of Michigan, with an operating budget of more than $7 billion, is a leader in higher education. U-M SSC provides administrative support related to financial and human resources in the following areas: Accounts Payable, Travel and Expense, General Accounting, Accounts Receivable, Benefits, HR Data Management, Time and Leave, and Employment Process. To learn more about U-M SSC, please visit our website: ssc.umich.edu.
We offer our employees an extensive total compensation package including competitive pay, a two-for-one retirement contribution, a variety of health insurance options, and a generous vacation plan. In addition, there are seven paid holidays and four paid season days.
The Shared Services Center seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the diverse U-M community. We seek to sustain the excellence of U-M, and to offer our students richly varied disciplines, perspectives and ways of knowing and learning.
NOTE: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Organizational Core Competencies and Skills:Advancing the Mission - Demonstrates ability to operate effectively in a manner consistent with the University of Michigan mission and culture.Building Relationships/Interpersonal Skills - Values organizational diversity, treats others with respect, and promotes cooperation.Creative Problem Solving/Strategic Thinking - Develops and creates ideas, processes, and approaches focused on the future.Communication - Demonstrates excellent communication skills to those at all levels throughout the University.Development of Self and Others - Seeks opportunities to learn and develop themselves and others by setting developmental goals and seeking performance feedback.Flexibility/Adaptability to Change - Responds positively to and champions change to others.Leadership/Achievement Orientation - Holds self-accountable for meeting established objectives and successfully accomplishing desired outcomes.Quality Service - Strives to meet the expectations of internal and external customers, firmly establishing a service first culture.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
To apply, visit https://careers.umich.edu/job_detail/181583/peoplepay_associate
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency