Program Director for Stakeholder Support
Success and Retention
Performs administrative duties in the management and coordination of a large specialized project and program. Performs varied and complex administrative duties requiring independent judgment and the application of established policies and procedures. May provide supervision and direction to clerical, paraprofessional or professional staff members.
Leadership, Facilitation, and Administration
- Directs and manages projects for the team responsible for SSR application administration, data analysis, and retention and success initiatives by guiding them to excel in their assigned responsibilities that contribute to larger department and institutional goals.
- Leads the continued development and work of the TTU Academic First Responder Network as a key component of Texas Tech University's investments in supporting academic and holistic student success.
- Assessment & Design: Leads the assessment of training needs through surveys, interviews with employees, focus groups, or consultation with managers, instructors, or customer representatives in order to enhance Texas Techs capacity for supporting the success of its students. Directs the design, planning, organizing, and delivery of training programs for TTU employees and students and for development of SSR employees.
- Presentation & Documentation: Develops and leads in presenting information using a variety of instructional techniques or formats, such as role playing, simulations, team exercises, group discussions, videos, or lectures. Oversees and leads in obtaining, organizing, developing, and maintaining related documentation, including but not limited to training procedure manuals, guides, course materials, infographics, presentation handouts, and visual assets, and job aids. Ensures the use of a variety of instructional techniques or formats, such as role playing, simulations, team exercises, group discussions, videos, or lectures, and the associated technologies.
- Leads in securing adoption and full-utilization of student success systems at all campuses.
- Proposes new improvements/ideas related to student success programming, policies and processes, and application development, management, utilization, and configuration.
- Oversees the departments strategic communication plan and manages the timely creation and delivery of all produced media and communication, including but not limited to posters, newsletters, success stories, resource profiles, memoranda, promotional and informational emails, text messages, web sites, handbooks, blog posters, written and oral boilerplate, and annual reports.
- In collaboration with university leaders and, as authorized by the Provost's Task Force for Student Success & Retention, ensures the TTU Advising Handbook and other centrally-managed success-oriented documents, web sites, and other media are accurate, relevant, meaningful, and concise.
- Provides bi-weekly analysis on student progress, enrollment, and graduation data, including class scheduling dynamics. Provides weekly feedback on team productivity, challenges, and current/anticipated needs. As requested, assist in the preparation of data for the annual review.
- Drafts high-quality retention-related communication protocols, messages, and events for use in interactions with a wide variety of student and stakeholder audiences. Promote excellence in direct communications with students and families regarding student progress, strategies and resources for success. Oversee development of prepared written and oral boilerplate to support consistency and excellence in communications.
- Produces scholarly-quality investigations of student need, student performance, and team effectiveness.
Bachelor's degree in the area of specialization or closely related field. Four years of related administrative and technical experience. Additional job related education may be substituted for the required experience on a year-for-year basis.
Required Skills (Abilities) & CharacteristicsSuccessful candidates arrive for an interview bearing all of the following:
- Monitoring (Evaluation)
- Coordination (Collaboration)
- Prioritization & Time Management (Information Ordering)
- Active Listening (Oral Comprehension)
- Effective Speaking (Oral Expression)
- Judgment & Decision-Making (Critical Thinking)
- Inductive & Deductive Reasoning (Category Flexibility)
- Writing (Expression & Comprehension)
- Strong Desire to Learn
- Personable with Students and Colleagues
- Comfortable using and Growing in Use of Office Technologies
- Data Analysis
- Critical Thinking
- Organizational Change
- Proposal Development
- Presentation Skills
- Retention Initiatives
- Predictive Analytics
- Promoting Persistence
- Outreach Campaigns
- First-Year Experience
- Application Management
- Awareness of Application Development Processes
- Implementation Strategies
- Beginner-Level Programming/Coding
- Project Planning
- Demonstrated and Ongoing Commitment to Serving Diverse Populations
- Supervision and Development of Professionals & Student Workers
- Master's degree earned or in progress
- Five years of progressively responsible training, analysis, and application management experience
- Experience working with diverse populations
- Bi-lingual in English and Spanish
To apply, visit workattexastech.com
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicants race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency