This ad is expired.
Prairie View A&M University
Program Specialist I
Program Specialist I
Prairie View A&M University
Proposed Minimum Salary
Prairie View, Texas
The Program Specialist I, under general supervision, coordinates and provides administrative support for the research based innovation commercialization entrepreneurship activities. The Program Specialist reports to the Executive Director for Innovation Commercialization Entrepreneurship and Economic Development (ICEED) Center. Coordinates initiatives, programs and projects to ensure that implementation and prescribed activities are carried out in accordance with specified objectives. Participates in planning and developing methods for program implementation and administration; coordinates program activities. Reviews records and reports of activities to ensure progress is being accomplished toward specified program objective; recommends modifications to methods or procedures as required to redirect activities and ensure that objective is attained. Prepares recurring program reports for management use. Interacts with faculty staff and students to promote the goals and objective of the program.
This position is funded by a grant or restricted funds. Continued employment is contingent on the renewal of grant or restricted funds.
- Provides administrative support including managing day-to-day office activities, screening emails and calls, scheduling, preparing travel and purchase requisitions and reconciliations, managing files and reports.
- Assists in planning, developing, implementing, coordinating, and monitoring programs and services for the research based innovation commercialization entrepreneurship activities. Coordinates program to ensure that implementation and prescribed activities are carried out in accordance with specified objectives.
- Plans and develops specialized programs such as trainings, conferences, seminars, lectures, meetings, and workshops to facilitate program goals. Coordinates specialized program communications and marketing materials.
- Assists in the development of policies and procedures. Assists in the preparation and maintenance special reports for management use, and other documents to ensure progress is being accomplished toward specified program objectives. Participates in planning and developing methods for program implementation and administration.
- Interacts with faculty staff and students to promote the goals and objective of the program.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree.
- No prior experience required.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet applications.
- Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and customer service skills.
- Maintains attention to detail and utilizes sound judgment.
- Two years of related experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with outstanding grammar, spelling, and writing skills.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and utilizes sound judgment.
- Exceptional organizational skills requiring a strong focus on critical thinking, follow-through, project management, anticipation of potential needs/issues, individual initiative, driving-to-completion, and orderliness with minimal supervision.
- Ability to cultivate resilient and productive working relationships
Job Closing Date:
Please attach all required documents listed below in the attachment box labeled as either Resume/CV or Resume/Cover Letter on the application. Multiple attachments may be included in the Resume/CV or Resume/Cover Letter attachment box. Any additional attachments provided outside of the required documents listed below are considered optional.
- Cover Letter
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
Application Submission Guidelines:
All applicants are required to apply via our Career Site on or before the closing date indicated on the job posting. Applicant inquiries received via email and websites such as Indeed, HigherEdJobs, etc. will not be considered unless the individual has applied to the available position via the PVAMU Career site.
The required documents listed in the above Required Attachments section must be attached to the application prior to the job closing date indicated to ensure full consideration for the application submitted. Please contact the Office of Human Resource on or before the closing date indicated above at 936-261-1730 or firstname.lastname@example.org should you need assistance with the online application process.
Background Check Requirements:
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/PVAMU_External/job/Prairie-View-PVAMU/Program-Specialist-I_R-034257
For more than 140 years, Prairie View A&M University (PVAMU) has been igniting passion in its students. With an established reputation for producing engineers, nurses and educators, PVAMU offers baccalaureate degrees, masters degrees and doctoral degree programs through nine colleges and schools. The University has an enrollment of more than 8,500 students. Designated an institution of he first class in the Texas Constitution, PVAMU is the second-oldest public institution of higher education in the state and a member of The Texas A&M University System. The University is dedicated to fulfilling its land-grant mission of achieving excellence in teaching, research and service.
PVAMU is conveniently located near the rapidly growing residential and commercial area known as the Northwest Houston Corridor. The developing Northwest Houston Corridor offers newly developed suburban communities, a variety of shopping and dining near the Houston Premium Outlets and is a short, 35-minute commute into downtown Houston. For more information, visit www.pvamu.edu. Your career opportunities with a University of the first class begins here!
Prairie View A&M University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.
If you need assistance in applying for this job, please contact (936) 261-1730.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency