This ad is expired.
Provost and Vice President of Academic Affairs
University of San Francisco
Provost and Vice President of Academic Affairs
Reporting directly to President Paul J. Fitzgerald, S.J., and acting as president in his absence, the provost has oversight of academic affairs and administrative responsibility for graduate and undergraduate admissions, financial aid, university-wide planning and budget development, the appointment of faculty, the selection of academic administrators, the curriculum, the library, and academic support services.
To view the full position and to apply, please visit https://www.wittkieffer.com/position/21618-provost-and-vice-president-academic-affairs/
Full Job Description:
The following is expected from the next provost and vice president of academic affairs:
- Partner with the president and university leaders to advance the mission, values, and strategic vision of the university and align the academic vision with the university's overarching goals and
- priorities rooted in Jesuit Catholic social justice principles and practices;
- Strengthen a sense of community and foster a university-wide shared culture grounded in trust, mutual respect, transparency, communication, collaboration, and shared governance;
- Provide leadership in the enhancement and creation of a comprehensive, strategic, and entrepreneurial academic vision that inspires and unites the campus around shared goals for the future;
- Lead the university's operating budgeting and planning process in alignment with the mission, vision, and values of the university and in support of academic priorities;
- Position the university for long-term growth, academic success, and fiscal sustainability in a dynamic, highly competitive, innovative, and globally interconnected environment;
- Collaborate with the president, deans, and development colleagues and participate actively and thoughtfully as an ambassador to external audiences and a participant in fundraising campaign activities;
- Further strengthen an environment in which diversity in all its forms is integral, and foster the creation of programs that increase inclusive excellence among all university communities;
- Lead from a place of empathy, compassion, energy, enthusiasm, and optimism with a deep understanding of the experiences of and challenges faced by people of color and other underrepresented communities.
The ideal candidate will be an authentic, relationship-oriented, and experienced academic leader with a deep commitment to shared governance and collaboration. Experience at the level of provost, dean, vice provost, or equivalent is expected, as is an earned doctorate or terminal professional degree and a record of scholarly achievement that would merit appointment as full professor. The ideal candidate will have a clear understanding of the myriad challenges faced by a tuition- dependent private university that is home to one of the most diverse student bodies in the country, located in a progressive, urban environment in one of the country's highest cost-of-living areas and drawing students, faculty, and staff from all over the world. Outstanding leadership, interpersonal, communications, and strategic planning skills are essential for success, as is financial acumen and the ability to work collaboratively to foster a culture of mutual trust and respect, collaboration, and transparency. The ideal candidate will bring demonstrated leadership in advancing diversity, equity, inclusion, and global engagement; a profound commitment and eagerness to embrace the Jesuit Catholic mission and core values; a deep understanding of the ideas and practice of social justice; and an excitement to reflect those values in one's work.
As USF's chief academic officer, the provost and vice president of academic affairs will provide vision and collaborative leadership as the university builds upon its 165 years of outstanding scholarship and teaching and commitment to social justice. The provost reports directly to the president and is a member of both the president's cabinet and the university's leadership team. The provost works in partnership with the president to permeate the life of the university with Jesuit Catholic principles.
The provost will manage a budget of $320 million and lead a faculty of 1,120. The provost leads the academic affairs division, secures resources for institutional programming within the university's planning and budgeting process, fosters the development of faculty, and exercises oversight of contract negotiations with the faculty associations. The provost has oversight of all academic affairs programming and is responsible for administering the multiple services that support them. The provost oversees the appointment and promotion of faculty and librarians; the selection of academic administrators; the approval of curricula; and the establishment of policies for the library and the academic support services, admissions, and financial aid offices. The provost represents the university to various external constituencies and assumes additional responsibilities as assigned by the president.
The Provost directly oversees the following positions:
- Senior Vice Provost of Academic Affairs
- Vice Provost for Institutional Budget, Planning and Analytics
- Vice Provost for Strategic Enrollment Management
- Interim Vice Provost and Special Assistant to the Provost
- Dean, School of Management
- Dean, School of Law
- Dean, School of Nursing and Health Professions
- Dean, School of Education
- Dean, College of Arts and Sciences
- Dean, University Library
- Assistant to the Provost
All applications, nominations, and inquiries are invited. Applications should include, as separate documents, a CV or resume and a letter of interest addressing the themes in this profile.
WittKieffer is assisting the University of San Francisco in this search. For fullest consideration, candidate materials should be received by Dec. 4, 2020.
Submit application materials to the WittKieffer Candidate Portal (https://candidateportal.wittkieffer.com/).
Direct confidential nominations and inquiries to: Suzanne Teer, Jean Dowdall, PhD, Alejandra Gillette-Teran, and Julia Venetos at USanFranciscoProvost@wittkieffer.com
To apply, visit https://usfca.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/USF_Staff/job/Provost-and-Vice-President-of-Academic-Affairs_R0003696.
The University of San Francisco is located in the heart of one of the worlds most innovative and diverse cities, and is home to a vibrant academic community of students and faculty who achieve excellence in their fields. Its diverse student body enjoys direct access to faculty, small classes and outstanding opportunities in the city itself. USF is San Francisco's first university, and its Jesuit Catholic mission helps ignite a students passion for social justice and a desire to Change the World From Here. For more information, visit http://www.usfca.edu.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency