Position Summary: The Public Safety Officer provides a professional security presence on campus in order to promote and ensure the safety and welfare of students, faculty, staff, and visitors.
Open Positions: 3 Part-time Night Positions starting from 3:00 pm - 11:00 pm.
The number of hours per week is limited to 16 hours and the schedule will be based on department needs.
- Conducts regular foot and motor patrols of campus buildings and grounds, performing lock and unlock function, checking for unauthorized use, signs of criminal activity, and enforcing University policies
- Conducts regular checks of parking lots, enforcing parking regulations, and checking for signs of criminal activity
- Acts as the first contact for after-hours physical plant and custodial problems
- Responds and provides assistance in incidents involving suspicious persons, medical emergencies, disturbances, fire alarms, trespassers, and other security-related calls
- Prepares shift, incident, and injury reports as appropriate
- Interacts with various offices within the university as well as outside constituents
- Perform security desk responsibilities
- Perform other duties, responsibilities, or special projects as assigned
Skills and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED required. Previous law enforcement, campus safety or security experience is strongly recommended.
- Must have a good driving record and be insurable under the University's insurance carrier.
- Abilities and skills to deal with emergencies
- Ability to react calmly and responsibly in emergency situations
- Ability to exercise good and appropriate judgment in dealing with incidents involving potential damage to life or property
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and possess general computer skills
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays as required
- Ability to become CPR/AED certified
- Experience and understanding of current issues and developments in higher education
- Outstanding verbal, writing, and presentation skills; must be able to communicate and interact effectively with Mount Mary students, employees, and visitors
- Exceptional ability to multitask and prioritize projects
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform primary functions.
- May be required to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Must reach, bend, stoop, lift
- Must sit, walk or stand
- Some repetitive motion may be required
- Varying workflow; sometimes stressful with high workload times of the year
- Complete work required within a limited space
- Complete work required within a limited time
To apply, visit: https://www.applicantpro.com/openings/mtmary/jobs/1876243/WI-Wisconsin/Milwaukee/Public-Safety-Officer-Part-Time
Mount Mary University encourages applications from all qualified candidates and is vitally committed to all aspects of diversity, equity, and inclusion. We welcome and encourage applications from qualified candidates and all will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, ethnicity, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, or any other groups protected by law. Mount Mary seeks to hire and retain personnel who will make a positive contribution to its mission, vision, and values.
For more information about diversity, equity, and inclusion at Mount Mary please visit http://www.mtmary.edu/about/diversity
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency