This ad is expired.
Research Lab Specialist Senior
Job Opening ID: 181585
Work Location: Ann Arbor Campus
Full Time/Part Time: Full-Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
Organizational Group: Medical School
Department: GSA - Administration (GSA/ADM)
Posting Begin/End Date: 12/04/2019 12/16/2019
Paid Time Off:
Career Interest: Research
The Center for Basic and Translational Research is seeking a self-motivated and extremely organized individual for a program manager position.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Overview: This position is responsible for performing a broad range of laboratory and research related tasks: Duties include running project specific animal protocols, overall laboratory organization, personnel management, regulatory management, project management, and event planning.
- Responsible for ensuring lab documentation is up to date for EHS, DEA, IACUC, IRB and IBC inspections.
- Responsible for ensuring equipment is operating according to specifications.
- Functions as a technical advisor on components of the research, working in a high level of autonomy.
- Ensures that the work of lab assistants, graduate students, entry level research staff, and other support personnel is meeting research plan goals.
- Train new people (faculty/research fellows/graduate students/undergraduate students) on the basic techniques for "hands-on" use; consult with users on proper sample preparation; oversight and enforcement of protocols.
- Familiarity with UMich ordering systems, eresearch animal management system.
- Order animals and animal research related supplies through ULAM and other vendors.
- Assist in the submission and maintenance of IACUC, IBC and IRB applications.
- Organize research sample collections.
- Assists with writing, editing, and renewing grants.
- Assures compliance with protocols, adherence to good clinical practice guidelines, FDA regulations, DEA and all other federal, local, and University guidelines.
- Oversee laboratory finances/funding.
- Assist in planning of program events.
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 5-6 years of experience in a biomedical research or laboratory setting
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience working with animals in a laboratory setting
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent organizational skills and strong writing ability
- Experience with regulatory protocols and documentation (ie. IACUC, IRB, IBC, DEA)
- Master's degree preferred
- Previous management experience
- Experience with grant writing and manuscript writing
- Facile with Microsoft word, power point and excel
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
To apply, visit https://careers.umich.edu/job_detail/181585/research_lab_specialist_senior
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency