This ad is expired.
Research Lab Tech Intermediate
Job Opening ID: 181551
Work Location: Ann Arbor Campus
Full Time/Part Time: Full-Time
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Organizational Group: Medical School
Department: Int Med-Infectious Diseases
Posting Begin/End Date: 12/04/2019 12/18/2019
Paid Time Off:
Career Interest: Research
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
- Duties include: receipt of samples, DNA extraction, library preparation for 16S rRNA gene amplicon, bacterial genome or metagenome sequencing, DNA and library quantification, quality assurance testing, sequencing, data acquisition and distribution and generation of run metric reports.
- Development of new techniques and protocols for the lab at the bench and on the epMotion automated liquid handler.
- Standard operating procedure (SOP) and best practices authorship.
- Participation in weekly lab meetings, Microbiome seminars and trainings or workshops related to the responsibilities of the position.
- Additional duties include but are not limited to routine lab maintenance, inventory of consumables and reagents, dish washing and autoclaving, preparation of media and stock solutions and equipment maintenance.
A Bachelor's degree in Molecular Biology, Microbiology or other related field and over one year of related laboratory experience is required. We are seeking an individual proficient with the following techniques: nucleic acid isolation and quantification, PCR and gel electrophoresis. Applicant must have strong computer and meticulous record keeping skills. Excellent organizational, time management, multi-tasking and problem-solving skills are required. Necessary prerequisites include a high degree of motivation, the capacity to focus on routine high-throughput sample processing with consistent quality control standards, and the ability to think and work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team supporting the Microbiome Core.
Previous experience with NGS library construction and any of the following laboratory equipment is desirable: automated liquid handling system, real-time PCR, Agilent Bioanalyzer, Illumina MiSeq or other NGS sequencing platform.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
To apply, visit https://careers.umich.edu/job_detail/181551/research_lab_tech_intermediate
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency