This ad is expired.
San Joaquin Delta Community College District
Works closely with students enrolled in the program or department: acts as a facilitator connecting students with the existing college and community resources available; to work closely with the students helping to ensure successful completion of their specific program; to provide workshops for the students on a variety of relevant topics; and to act as a liaison with county and community agencies as appropriate. *PLEASE NOTE: This position is categorically funded. SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED Receives direction from an assigned supervisor.
- Meet with students in the assigned program assisting in the planning of their vocational training program or student success plan.
- Act as a liaison between the student and pertinent county and community agencies.
- Work closely with program staff to create new procedures to help better meet the needs of the students.
- Recruit and help enroll prospective students for the assigned program.
- Create and deliver promotional literature to assist with program recruitment.
- Assist with referrals to appropriate person or agencies within the college and community.
- Assist to plan, organize, and conduct workshops or other activities necessary for the success of students in the program.
- Develop and maintain working relations with community members involved with similar programs.
- Attend weekly and monthly meetings to assist with the growth of the program.
- Maintain adequate records and statistics related to the students who are served and seen.
- Monitor student success while in the program. Mentor and assist students as needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Rules and regulations regarding pertinent local, regional and state organizations.
- Recruitment and enrollment methods and practices.
- Conducting effective seminars and presentations to small and large groups.
- Office procedures, methods and equipment including computers, word processing software, database software, and internet.
- Working with individuals from diverse cultural and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Understand and work with the diverse needs of the students within the assigned program.
- Effectively represent the San Joaquin Delta College and the assigned program within the community.
- Plan and organize workshops.
- Think critically and problem-solve a variety of issues.
- Exhibit excellent listening skills.
- Advocate for students.
- Demonstrate patience working with students who historically have not experienced academic success.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with members of local agencies within the county, pertinent to the assigned program.
- Understand and apply the rules and regulations of the assigned program to best meet the needs of the students.
- Act as a positive role model for students in the assigned program.
- Sensitivity to and understanding of individuals from diverse academic, socio- economic, cultural, linguistic, and ethnic backgrounds and disabilities.
- Sit for prolonged periods of time; extensive use of computer keyboard.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in a related field. Experience: Two (2) years of related experience, preferably in a public agency. Supplemental Information
This position supports Guided Pathways reform and the new student-centered funding formula. The successful candidate will work as part of a team of Resource Specialists to support and monitor students' progress from college entry to post-graduation outcomes (transfer and employment). Guided Pathways requires the monitoring of 25,000 students using data systems and evidence-based practices to ensure equity and success. Resources specialists, or Success Coaches, are assigned to instructional division deans to track students in divisional degrees and programs. They use scaled monitoring, messaging, resource referrals, and intrusive support to ensure student equity and completion. The Resource Specialist hired for this position will work with administrators, faculty, counselors, and other classified professionals to ensure that students are properly onboarded, guided, directed, focused, and connected across the college in order to achieve their academic and career goals.
- Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 5,016
- Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 6,166
- External Closing Date: Feb 4, 2021
- External Opening Date: Jan 21, 2021
Location: Stockton, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://deltacollege.referrals.selectminds.com
The San Joaquin Delta Community College District provides access to its education programs and activities and makes all employment decisions without regard to national origin, religion, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race or ethnicity, color, medical condition, genetic information, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected category. The Districts prohibition against sex and gender discrimination includes sexual harassment and sexual violence.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency