Amherst has taken a leadership role among highly selective liberal arts colleges and universities in successfully diversifying the racial, socio-economic, and geographic profile of its student body. The College is similarly committed to enriching its educational experience and its culture through the diversity of its faculty, administration and staff.
Amherst College invites applications for the Senior Associate Director of Advancement Communications position. The Senior Associate Director of Advancement Communications is a full-time, year-round position, starting at $82,000 - commensurate with experience. Given Amherst's distinction as one of the most diverse liberal arts colleges in the country, the successful candidate will demonstrate the w ays in which they bring value to and will work towards supporting a broadly diverse community.
The Senior Associate Director of Advancement Communications is an integral member of the Advancement team and leads the planning and execution of a wide range of communications projects designed to effectively reach a highly diverse audience. This position reports to and works closely as a thought partner with the Director of Advancement Communications in the development of a data-driven communications strategy that includes web, print and digital media, as well as responding to constituent feedback.
The senior associate director is a skilled communications professional and project manager who will have substantial responsibility for the conception and production of all Advancement Communications materials and assets, and will help shape strategy for critical and sensitive communications matters including crises and emergency communications. They are responsible for project management, vendor management and content creation for a diverse range of communications, including, but not limited to, print materials, direct mail,digital campaigns, video and photography.The senior associate director is responsible for setting strategy, developing timelines and implementing systems and processes to ensure that projects are completed on deadline and are in support of Advancement goals, checking for content and quality and ensuring appropriate resource allocation. They lead a collaborative and strategic process so that colleagues are included and informed.
All Amherst staff members are expected to take appropriate actions to support a diverse workforce and will participate in the College's efforts to create a respectful, inclusive and welcoming work environment. In addition, all Advancement staff members are required to support and staff key events such as Reunion, Homecoming and Family Weekend. These events may require occasional evening and weekend hours.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities
Project & Resource Management
- Develops detailed project plans including timelines, priority audiences, the call to action, the date of final deliverable and the budget.
- Design and utilizes systems and processes which show the status of projects and the steps leading to completion, ensuring clarity for a diverse set of stakeholders.
- Troubleshoots in a proactive way to avoid possible delays and other issues as they develop to ensure that projects move at a timely pace to meet established deadlines.
- Works with colleagues to define goals and key performance indicators (KPIs) and then clearly articulates those to Advancement stakeholders, identifying opportunities for collaboration and the strategic management of Advancement resources.
- Collaborates with a diverse set of colleagues across Advancement and the College to coordinate communication around events and initiatives in support of Advancement goals.
- Creates and maintains alumni and Advancement webpages, including updating and adding new content as needed.
- Liaises with a diverse set of Advancement stakeholders, including but not limited to the Amherst Fund, Alumni and Parent Programs and Leadership Giving teams.
- Maintains and cultivates relationships with outside vendors
- Works to find efficient and cost-effective solutions in support of projects.
- Manages relationships with campus partners to identify and secure resources for programs and initiatives whenever possible.
Editing & Writing
- Develops creative briefs focused on guiding content, strategy and messaging,
- Proofreads copy for fundraising, engagement and stewardship communications
- Drafts original content including, but not limited to, proposals, case statements, website copy, video scripts, brochures and more.
- Edits copy written by colleagues, volunteers, freelancers and other contributors to improve accuracy, grammar and adherence to editorial guidelines.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Progressive work experience in marketing and communications strategy development and implementation, to include creative use of media; significant experience in higher education philanthropy or closely related service organization required.
- Familiarity with and commitment to understanding the needs and preferences of a highly diverse group of constituents to foster engagement and relevance across demographic groups.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication, interpersonal, customer service, organizational and time management skills.
- Exceptional copyediting and proofreading skills.
- Familiarity with graphic and web design and Adobe Creative Suite is preferred, but not required.
- Occasional evening and weekend hours required as all Advancement staff members are expected to support and staff key events such as Reunion, Homecoming and Family Weekend.
Amherst College offers many opportunities for professional growth and development, continued learning, and career advancement.
Amherst College requires all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 (medical and religious exemptions may apply).
Amherst College is pleased to provide a comprehensive, highly competitive benefits package that meets the needs of staff and faculty and their families. Benefits are an important part of our overall compensation, so it is critical that you review all of the options to ensure itmeets your total compensation requirements. Click here for Benefits Information .
Interestedcandidates are asked to submit a resume and cover letter online at https://amherst.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/Amherst_Jobs . Please be sure to upload all requested documents prior to clicking Submit. Applications cannot be revised once submitted. (Current employees and students should apply by clicking on the Career icon from their Workday home screen). Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled
To find information about job group and level (JGL) follow this link.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/ozEZLKIdweaWQtPA2TBrYp
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency