This ad is expired.
Sonoma State University
Job ID: 104934
Location: Sonoma State University (Rohnert Park, CA)
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Salary and Benefits
Starting salary placement depends on qualifications, experience and salary budget, and will not exceed $9,583 a month.
This position is eligible for a broad range of benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurances, retirement (CalPERS), tuition waiver, vacation and sick leave. In addition, 14 paid holidays are offered each year; 13 scheduled on specific days and a Personal Holiday that may be taken any time during the year.
A comprehensive benefits summary for this position is available online by clicking the View Benefits Summary link or by request from SSU Human Resources.
This position is open until filled. For full consideration, please submit application, along with cover letter and resume, by 8am on November 20, 2019. Please refer to the Application Process section of this posting for additional details.
Conditions of Employment
This position is a member of the Management Personnel Plan and serves at the pleasure of the President.
Sonoma State University is committed to achieving excellence through teaching, scholarship, learning and inclusion. In line with our Strategic Plan and our Seawolf Commitment, our values include diversity, sustainability, community engagement, respect, responsibility, excellence and integrity. We strive to cultivate a community in which a diverse population can learn and work in an atmosphere of civility and respect. We encourage innovation, experimentation and creativity, as well as contributions to equity and inclusion, in the pursuit of excellence for all members of our university community.
Reporting to and under the direction of the Assistant Vice President, Administration & Student Recruitment (AVP), the Senior Director of Enrollment Operations provides management and guidance for enrollment operations, and supervises staff and student personnel. The incumbent is responsible for prioritizing and managing enrollment operations data systems activities through effective and efficient use of resources.
Major duties of the position, include, but are not limited to, the following in support of Enrollment Services:
- Manages and is the functional expert on PeopleSoft and data integrations between information systems.
- Obtains, keeps current, and fully leverages knowledge of business process analysis methodology, processes, tools, and administration to advance standardization, documentation, and training.
- Works closely with Information Technology on project management, system testing, migration, and new functionality implementation.
- Develops and maintains appropriate quality control for accurate delivery of business operations including consistent written protocols and processes.
- Serves as a liaison between the offices of Admission, Records, Recruitment, Advising, Financial Aid, and Information Technology.
- Engages in regular and continuous data audits to uncover and correct security and data integrity issues.
- Works collaboratively with faculty, deans, staff, and executive team members through active communication and participation to align programs with strategic enrollment initiatives.
- Interviews, hires, and manages employees as directed by the AVP.
- Facilitates regular meetings with Admissions, Recruitment, Marketing and Communications staff.
- Participates in the Enrollment Task Force and serves on University committees as directed.
- Develops all aspects of new student recruitment including related materials, oversight of web-based recruitment tools, and forecasts/analysis of current and potential markets.
- Facilitates the establishment of annual recruitment goals by student prospect type (freshmen, transfer, re-entry, post-baccalaureate, non-traditional and international) in collaboration with AVP.
- Manages campaign communications for leads and applicants using the CRM systems.
- Works with the AVP to develop and work within the annual department budget.
- Represents the University at select offsite events such as college fairs and corporate events and on-campus functions.
Performs other secondary duties as assigned.
Duties will primarily take place in an office setting however, additional duties may be performed in various locations on the Sonoma State University campus, including working both indoors and outdoors to support and participate in university activities and events. As an exempt employee you have some flexibility in your schedule, however you must be available during the regular campus hours Monday through Friday to meet the operational needs of the campus and department. The incumbent must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such levels as is determined by the Appropriate Administrator. This position will require occasional travel, by automobile or airplane, and overnight stay to travel to trainings, meetings, and events off campus.
This position requires a minimum of 5 years of experience in enrollment management, recruitment of undergraduate and graduate best practices, reporting, and/or budgeting, including 3 years of progressively responsible and applicable management and/or supervisory experience. Bachelor's degree in business, public administration, marketing, finance or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience to provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the duties of the position. A master's degree and higher education experience highly preferred. Experience with enrollment management, finance, academic and student affairs is required. Extensive computer knowledge in student information and financial systems this includes being proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, Word, and Outlook), Oracle financials, SQL and mobile devices is required. Knowledge of Google Suite, early alert mobile applications, CRM tools, Tableau reporting tools and PeopleSoft preferred. Experience with student and faculty portal interfaces preferably Moodle, Blackboard and Canvas strongly preferred.
The Senior Director of Enrollment Operations must possess a willingness to learn and keep up-to-date with changing trends in technology and enrollment support. The incumbent must be a collaborative technological partner and team player who implements strategic enrollment initiatives that will further strengthen the University's position in higher education. Problem-solving around technological and database issues and concerns and the ability to be self-directed in embracing new and current technologies are expected. The incumbent must demonstrate a commitment to inclusion and diversity and the ability to articulate the mission and goals of the University.
The incumbent must demonstrate integrity and sound judgment in performing duties; possess the ability to supervise the work of staff and recommend appropriate personnel actions; be able to apply strong problem solving and conflict resolution skills and train and evaluate performance, taking corrective action as needed; deal with stressful situations while maintaining composure; well-versed with organizational change management; and contribute to a collaborative environment utilizing exemplary communication and problem solving skills as necessary. Must have strong organizational skills, experience with project management, and the ability to manage multiple projects and competing priorities simultaneously, adjusting quickly to changes needed on a daily basis. Must have the ability to effectively communicate with all levels within the university and establish and maintain productive and effective, inclusive working relationships amongst diverse populations including staff, faculty, administration, students, and other internal and external constituents. Must be able to accept constructive feedback and work cooperatively in group situations.
The duties of this position may include participation in decisions that may have a material financial benefit to the incumbent. Therefore, the selected candidate may be required to file Conflict of Interest Form 700: Statement of Economic Interest on an annual basis, complete ethics training within 6 months of appointment, and attend this training every other year thereafter.
Evidence of degree(s) or certificate(s) and/or license(s) required at time of hire.
Click the "Apply Now" to apply to this position, materials submitted with your application will not be returned. For questions related to the application process, please reach out to Human Resources (firstname.lastname@example.org | 707.664.3100).
Qualified candidates must submit the following to be considered:
1. Cover Letter and Resume - application system only allows one document to be uploaded, so cover letter and resume must be included in the same MS Word or PDF file (file name should not contain any spaces or special characters)
2. Online Employment Application (complete entire application, resume/cover letter will not substitute for any part of the application)
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current employees who apply for this position.
The ADA Coordinator is available at 707.664.2664, to assist individuals with disabilities in need of accommodation during the hiring process.
Equal Employment Opportunity: The University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, or protected veteran status.
Mandated Reporting: This position may be considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
About Sonoma State University
Sonoma State University, located 48 miles north of San Francisco, is one of the 23 campuses of the California State University. Sonoma State University is a liberal arts institution with an enrollment of approximately 10,000 students and 530 full-time and part-time faculty. Our beautiful campus is located in Rohnert Park, at the foot of the Sonoma hills in the Wine Country.
Sonoma State University is proud to be a smoke-free campus, where smoking and other uses of tobacco products, such as smokeless tobacco, the use of e-cigarettes and similar devices, are prohibited.
Sonoma State University's Jeanne Clery Act Annual Security Report is available at http://www.sonoma.edu/ps/about/jeanneclery.html; Annual Campus Housing Fire Safety Report is available at http://www.sonoma.edu/housing/general-info/emergency-prep/fire-safety.html.
Sonoma State University
Main (707) 664-3100
Fax (707) 664-3196
1801 East Cotati Avenue
Rohnert Park, CA 94928
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency