This ad is expired.
Job Opening ID: 181562
Work Location: Ann Arbor Campus
Full Time/Part Time: Full-Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
Organizational Group: Medical School
Posting Begin/End Date: 12/04/2019 12/14/2019
Paid Time Off:
Career Interest: Research
The Clinical and Translational Research Program at Michigan Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, Division of Nephrology is a collaborative, collegial and fast paced program that enjoys the opportunity to partner with many researchers from the Schools of Medicine, Public Health and Bioinformatics as well as extramural biomedical researchers. The successful candidate for this position will provide administrative support for the faculty leadership and support staff.
The ideal candidate will organize, prioritize, and complete tasks in a timely manner and handle confidential data with discretion. The position requires strong verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, and strong organizational skills including attention to detail. The ability to work independently as well as part of a team and regularly exercise judgment in the application of policies, procedures, and methods is imperative. This position calls for open collaboration with a wide range of professionals. Must possess the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines. Positive attitude and customer service orientation is a must.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
- Gathers, analyzes, and interprets a wide variety of data. Selects data samples, prepares questionnaires, and analyzes collected information according to established statistical methods.
- Prepare reports, charts, tables and other visual aids.
- Analyze, compare and evaluate various courses of actions and offer recommendations to leadership based on matters of significances.
- Assist in the continuous quality improvement of the department operations; actively participate in the quality improvement initiatives on topics affecting business operations.
- Other tasks as assigned by the program director and program manager.
- Possesses and applies an advanced knowledge of particular field of specialization to the completion of projects of major complexity.
- Plans, conducts and directs engineering and/or development work on complex projects necessitating the origination and application of new and unique approaches.
- Plans and directs projects and supplies technical inspiration, leadership and consultation to professional co-workers.
- 5-8 years' experience in professional field.
- Successful work experience with broad responsibilities in a large, complex organization
- Bachelor's Degree is required or experience with demonstrated ability to be responsible for fulfilling the necessary duties
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work as a cooperative team member with staff, other University offices and with outside constituents.
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to manage a large and varied workload with excellent attention to detail and to meet deadlines in a timely manner while demonstrating flexibility when priorities and deadlines change.
- Knowledge of Medical School Policies and procedures.
- Capacity to exercise initiative, independent judgment, diplomacy, and confidentiality with a positive attitude.
- Excellent computer skills, including proficient use of Microsoft Office programs.
- Excellent attendance records
- Must be ethical, professional, and team-oriented with proven record of sound decision making within the prescribed authority and job duties.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve by proposing logical and feasible solutions
- Relevant and current experience of administrative support in academic medical center setting
- Experience utilizing Concur and MiChart
- Knowledge of University policies and procedures
Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
To apply, visit https://careers.umich.edu/job_detail/181562/statistician_lead
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency