Job Opening ID: 182778
Work Location: Ann Arbor Campus
Ann Arbor, MI
Full Time/Part Time: Full-Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
Organizational Group: Medical School
Department: GSA - Administration (GSA/ADM)
Posting Begin/End Date: 3/25/2020 4/26/2020
Paid Time Off:
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
The Michigan Value Collaborative (MVC) is seeking an experienced, detail-oriented, self-starter, and professional statistician to join the team.
The MVC is a statewide hospital consortium, aiming to improve the lives of patients in Michigan through systematic advancements in quality and cost-efficiency in Michigan hospitals.
As an MVC Senior Statistician, you will help hospitals across the state improve patient care and reduce costs. MVC projects are focused on cutting-edge healthcare topics such as bundled payments, return on investment, and value index calculations. You will conduct analyses primarily using administrative claims data from both private and federal payers in order to assess payment variation and identify areas of improvement for hospitals. Strong statistical, leadership, organizational, verbal and written communication skills are vital to the role.
This position involves responsibilities for a wide range of statistical, data management, programming, and analytic needs for large datasets. Specifically, the position involves:
- Applying a broad knowledge of measurement, analysis, and performance improvement to the completion of complex projects
- Writing and editing programs to clean, manage, merge, and analyze data
- Writing SAS macro code to generate automated performance reports
- Assisting in the implementation and improvement of the MVC Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan (BCBSM) Pay-for-Performance (P4P) metric
- Developing statistical protocols for use in research abstracts and manuscripts
- Mentoring junior analysts in analytic design and statistical methodologies
In this position, you will work with a highly cooperative group of clinicians, policy experts, statisticians, economists, health services researchers and analysts. This position is an excellent opportunity to gain expertise in a broad range of reimbursement and payment reform programs, as well as to advance your statistical skills using claims data, including characterizing episodes of care. The Senior Statistician position also allows for the ability to improve leadership and mentorship skills.
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and briefly outline skills and experiences that directly relate to this position.
- Bachelor's degree and 3 years of work experience in a statistical field
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as cooperatively
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects at the same time
- Demonstrated proficiency working with large datasets using statistical software programs (SAS experience required)
- Experience utilizing statistical models and significance testing, including linear and logistic regression, and hierarchical models
- Master's degree in biostatistics, statistics, or equivalent
- 5 years of work experience in a statistical field
- Previous experience working with large administrative claims datasets
- Experience with additional statistical software programs such as STATA, SPSS, or R
- Experience in providing statistical mentorship to junior analysts
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
To apply, visit https://careers.umich.edu/job_detail/182778/statistician_senior
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency