Strategic Visioning Administrative Coordinator
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning. As an employer Penn has been ranked nationally on many occasions with the most recent award from Forbes who named Penn one of America's Best Employers By State in 2021.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
Posted Job Title
Strategic Visioning Administrative Coordinator
Job Profile Title
Job Description Summary
The Institute of Contemporary Art is seeking a full-time Strategic Visioning Administrative Coordinator for an 18-month position who reports to ICA's Director of Administration and will work in close consultation with the Director's Executive Assistant and the project's Core Team to manage the administrative functions and activities of the strategic visioning process. They will serve as the primary administrative liaison for the project, providing essential support for the project to ensure efficient and effective operation of the strategic visioning process across internal and external partners: ICA staff, the planning and DEAI facilitator, key stakeholders, and additional consultants. The Strategic Visioning Administrative Coordinator will be integral to the strategic visioning process from October 2021-March 2023, a time period that includes pre-process planning (October-November 2021), the strategic visioning phase (December 2021-September 2022) and portions of the implementation phase (October 2022-March 2023) that will entail follow-up stakeholder meetings, evaluative discussions with consultants, and implementations of new initiatives resulting from the strategic visioning process.
Supporting ICA in its commitment to creating a diverse, inclusive, and equitable institution; treating colleagues and partners fairly and respectfully; and recognizing the value that diverse backgrounds and perspectives bring to our organization is vital to this position.
This is a fixed term position.
- Perform clerical and administrative duties, including scheduling meetings; maintaining departmental calendar(s); drafting and managing correspondence; answering and routing incoming calls; contacting vendors.
- Organize meetings and focus group sessions; coordinating internal and external teams required to assist with focus groups; arranging technology support; managing accessibility requests; drafting agendas for focus groups; responding to inquiries from ICA team members, Core Group, and key stakeholders; preparing written and visual presentations for various meetings internally and externally, such as with ICA's Board, taking notes, and writing minutes for meetings.
- Establish workflow systems, processes, and organizational practices for the strategic visioning process to ensure effective communication, clear responsibilities and roles, timely follow-up, and facilitation of next steps to ensure that deadlines are met and outcomes are defined.
- Work with the communications, interpretation, and graphic design consultants on the development of final presentation materials and provide support as necessary to those processes and internal and public presentations and meetings.
- Bachelor's Degree and 1 to 2 years of administrative assistant experience working in a fast-paced organization as support to management, or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Must have demonstrated proficient computer skills with Microsoft Office applications, excellent typing, oral and writing communications and general office skills.
- Working knowledge of office management systems and procedures.
- Must be able to accommodate a dynamic workload in a calm and professional manner.
- Needs to be highly organized and able to establish methods for managing large volumes of tasks in an efficient and structured manner.
- Requires excellent time management skills, the ability to prioritize and follow thru with tasks and work, verify commitments and schedules, and be capable of working on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills required. Must be able to operate standard office machines.
- Must have the ability to work independently and function as part of a team.
- Must have superior communication and customer service skills, with experience and ability to interact with multiple internal and external contacts, and senior level administrators.
This is a fixed term position.
A Cover Letter and Resume/CV are required to be considered for this position. Please upload your Cover Letter where it asks you to upload your Resume/CV; multiple documents are allowed.
Job Location - City, State
Department / School
Institute of Contemporary Art
$20.00 - $36.00
Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
- Health, Life, and Flexible Spending Accounts: Penn offers comprehensive medical, prescription, behavioral health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits to protect you and your family's health and welfare. You can also use flexible spending accounts to pay for eligible health care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
- Tuition: Take advantage of Penn's exceptional tuition benefits. You, your spouse, and your dependent children can get tuition assistance here at Penn. Your dependent children are also eligible for tuition assistance at other institutions.
- Retirement: Penn offers generous retirement plans to help you save for your future. Penn's Basic, Matching, and Supplemental retirement plans allow you to save for retirement on a pre-tax or Roth basis. Choose from a wide variety of investment options through TIAA and Vanguard.
- Time Away from Work: Penn provides you with a substantial amount of time away from work during the course of the year. This allows you to relax, take vacations, attend to personal affairs, recover from illness or injury, spend time with familywhatever your personal needs may be.
- Long-Term Care Insurance: In partnership with Genworth Financial, Penn offers faculty and staff (and your eligible family members) long-term care insurance to help you cover some of the costs of long-term care services received at home, in the community or in a nursing facility. If you apply when you're newly hired, you won't have to provide proof of good health or be subject to underwriting requirements. Eligible family members must always provide proof of good health and are subject to underwriting.
- Wellness and Work-life Resources: Penn is committed to supporting our faculty and staff as they balance the competing demands of work and personal life. That's why we offer a wide variety of programs and resources to help you care for your health, your family, and your work-life balance.
- Professional and Personal Development: Penn provides an array of resources to help you advance yourself personally and professionally.
- University Resources: As a member of the Penn community, you have access to a wide range of University resources as well as cultural and recreational activities. Take advantage of the University's libraries and athletic facilities, or visit our arboretum and art galleries. There's always something going on at Penn, whether it's a new exhibit at the Penn Museum, the latest music or theater presentation at the Annenberg Center, or the Penn Relays at Franklin Field to name just a few examples. As a member of the Penn community, you're right in the middle of the excitementand you and your family can enjoy many of these activities for free.
- Discounts and Special Services: From arts and entertainment to transportation and mortgages, you'll find great deals for University faculty and staff. Not only do Penn arts and cultural centers and museums offer free and discounted admission and memberships to faculty and staff. You can also enjoy substantial savings on other goods and services such as new cars from Ford and General Motors, cellular phone service plans, movie tickets, and admission to theme parks.
- Flexible Work Hours: Flexible work options offer creative approaches for completing work while promoting balance between work and personal commitments. These approaches involve use of non-traditional work hours, locations, and/or job structures.
- Penn Home Ownership Services: Penn offers a forgivable loan for eligible employees interested in buying a home or currently residing in West Philadelphia, which can be used for closing costs or home improvements.
- Adoption Assistance: Penn will reimburse eligible employees on qualified expenses in connection with the legal adoption of an eligible child, such as travel or court fees, for up to two adoptions in your household.
To learn more, please visit: https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay
To apply, visit https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/Institute-for-Contemporary-Art---1st-Floor/Strategic-Visioning-Administrative-Coordinator_JR00041424
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency