Surgical Technologist - Cardiovascular
Job Opening ID: 185879
Work Location: Michigan Medicine - Health Sys
Ann Arbor, MI
Full Time/Part Time: Full-Time
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Organizational Group: Um Hospital
Department: UMH Operating Rooms - CVC
Posting Begin/End Date: 3/24/2020 6/22/2020
Paid Time Off: Yes
Career Interest: Patient Care Services
To assist surgical team at the Cardiovascular Center operating rooms during operative procedures, by preparing sterile equipment for the operation and passing instruments, sponges and sutures to the operating team. Assist with inventory, sterilization of instruments, prepare and select equipment for procedures, transfer of patients as needed, turnover and transfer of instruments to CSR/Decontamination and putting equipment back in place. Other duties as assigned.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Why Join Michigan Medicine?
Michigan Medicine is one of the largest health care complexes in the world and has been the site of many groundbreaking medical and technological advancements since the opening of the U-M Medical School in 1850. Michigan Medicine is comprised of over 26,000 employees and our vision is to attract, inspire, and develop outstanding people in medicine, sciences, and healthcare to become one of the world's most distinguished academic health systems. In some way, great or small, every person here helps to advance this world-class institution. Work at Michigan Medicine and become a victor for the greater good.
What Benefits can you Look Forward to?
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage effective on your very first day
- 2:1 Match on retirement savings.
- Graduation from high school or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Completion of an accredited or military surgical technologist program.
- Certification from the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA) within one year of hire.
- Two years' experience as a surgical technologist, including at least one year of surgical technologist experience in a cardiovascular environment.
- Must have a commitment to contributing to a positive department culture.
- Call commitment with a 30 minute response rate
- Ability to scrub cardiac, general thoracic and vascular cases.
- Experience with family centered care philosophy.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and customer relations.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a part of a team in addition to being able to take direction.
- Able to prioritize tasks quickly.
Full time, 40hrs; All positions are Day shift with Afternoon or Night shift rotation as well as midnight, weekend and holiday on-call/ shift obligations.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA StatementThe University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
To apply, visit https://careers.umich.edu/job_detail/185879/surgical_technologist_-_cardiovascular
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency